How to works calculation with semiproducts

So, pls tell me about calculation. Let’s see this picture:
Untitled%20Diagram
We have a product, like soup. The portion that is served on the table is 350 grams. When it is used in the preparation of semi-finished products and other ingredients. Semi-finished product in the preparation also uses its semi-finished products. The output value of a semi-finished product is always different. In the case of conventional ingredients, I specify the base unit as a gram and specify:

1. Onion = 50 gram
  2. Meat = 150 gram
  3. Potato = 200 gram
    etc.
    It’s easy since I’m tied to a value of 1 gram and 1000 grams for each ingredient. But I have to add the semi-finished product. However, the output of semi-finished products is not 1000 grams, but for example 600 grams. I make a recipe for this semi-finished product from the calculation that will get 600 grams of the finished product. But when I add it to the recipe of the main dish, I can not specify the weight as in the case of the usual ingredient. I have to calculate some of it. What to do in this case? To calculate the semi-finished product not for 600 grams of yield, and in 1 gram? Or write not in grams, and calculate in parts of the output?

Semiproduct should be a inventory product. Then you create a recipe for that product from Inventory items (garlic, onion etc)

I usually use units such as Batch, trays or similar. This way I can divide that batch into several pieces. Like 1 tray = 10 pizza cuts.

If you make a product unit called 600gr its hard to divide it into percentages later.

1 Like

And what if I have information only in grams of output products? The cook gave me the technological cards for the products and I have to count them.

In the recipe of that product you can state how many grams, kg, liters of what goes into that product.

It will depend on your items and what your Base Units are.

hi just a little question… can we had a % of yield on a inventory item… like i buy a 10 k of pork shoulder… after cooking i loss 35% of my weight …

Dont know the answer but not sure how that is relevant to inventory… where your working out costs/purchases.
If 10kg @ $x/kg of pork ends up as 7kg after cooking it was still a purchase of 10kg at $x/kg and you wouldnt then say its 7kg @ $y/kg. I have never heared of anyone say that an ingediant costs $y/kg ‘after cooking’

If you instist on trying to go down that route, i expect the way would be to create an inventory product for cooked pork, makings its weight 7kg with a recipe of 10kg of raw pork. then use the cooked port inventory product in your actual recipe for the menu item product.

great thansk… and that the way i learn to make my food cost… you buy a full chicken at 3$ kilo after cocking whitout the bones the cost for the meat left its double …when i do pastrami i loss 60% of weight so i add to my pice by kilo … i know soft restaurant have that fonction to…

Fair enough.
The answer I think is as I said, to think of it the same as you would other prep items.
Typically this type of scenario is discussed in the form of prep items for example a home made burger patty.
Rather than make each type of burger option include the full recipe of the patty, you create an inventory product which is like a virtual product which you can give a recipe.
You make the recipe for the burger patty.
Then for the recipe for the specific burger options you then reuse that virtual inventory product for patty in you main recipe just adding the bun, bacon etc and sides.
You then have the advantage of;
Not entering the full recipe including the patty in every burger product.
Changing the patty recipe can be done in one place and not for each product.
In your case you would have a virtual product for the cooked pork and then use that cooked pork product in your final recipe rather than the raw pork.

If you know the yield it produces then make your recipe reflect that. If you buy 10 pounds of meat you cook it and 10 pounds makes 5 burgers after cooking then each burger consumes 2 pounds of meat. So your recipe would deduct 2 pounds. The actual burger may be 1 pound but it took 2 pounds to make that 1 lb burger.

1 Like

Thanks Guys … i will put my raw Procuct in product itiem when i will make an Inventory purchase and my process food in my inventory , we process the day we buy and we mostly do everything home made but the Ketchup and the mayo… I think for me its the smarter way to do… :thinking: because de way i understand the Product Item in your tutorial , its for Item we didn"t count in the inventory… so if i do that way my did meat will deascrease in the inventory ?

i thing i just make a big mistake … my time clock was just about to be finish but i forget to allow the costum navigation at the local steeting so i do not see the navigation anymore …

You can right click and choose settings.

Tanks and i have this message il Not sure whats means

You have used a ‘carry field’ _ square brackets - as a field name in the action which matched a rule variable expression.
You need to rename that field in the action.
Simple rule to avoid is give action fields labels which are two words with a space, as all rule values have no spaces

On thanks … the samba set up use the hyphen and I have this message show up… I just copy paste EVERYTHING on sambapos set up

Sorry, what are you showing there? What widget is that?

Yes this is the widget and the employees report the same message

Yes I know it’s a widget. What type of widget?
The error says what the error is. What code have you got in the wodget?

ok sorry just see your message i fix the error message but the report didnt show up on my time clock screen … and @jessy just let me know he do not use that function anymore… so i m a but confused about what to do i want SAMBAS be the more efficient possible