HTML Printer only work with local printer?

You know I was actually thinking the same about setting printers separately on client system.

Hi Emre,

sorry,I need to know, if there will be a solution for this issue?

if not then I will not use HTML. currently delaying going live.

Thanks,

This issue happened with mobile client too. My two HTML kitchen epson pos printer (wifi & usb) attached to the pc and working fine but whenever placed an order via mobile client No print at all. Restarting and changing the font got me nowhere?

This may be a windows known issue on 64bit Windows, I believe HTML output is still using XPS printer, @emre can probably confirm. If this is the case, there is a known issue Windows cannot print to XPS printer on 64bit Windows from a 32bit service (which mobile client runs via - i.e. Messaging Service).

First, besides this issue, if you are printing to a network shared printer (i.e. not connecting via ethernet but connected directly to another computer), make sure SambaPOS Messaging Service windows service is set to run under a user account with a password, and not local system account.

Next, to fix this issue with printing XPS document from 32bit service on 64bit Windows, you need to download the hotfix supplied by Microsoft:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2954953/some-apis-do-not-work-when-they-are-called-in-services-in-windows

Just download and run it and it will fix the problem. I think because this is a minority issue (compared to the millions of windows users), they don’t release an update patch via Windows update and only provide the hotfix for those who need it.

4 Likes