HTML Viewer Widget on POS screen does not support Adobe Flex (ANSWERED)

And after further reading they are trashing the flex interface and going forward with HTML5… GOOD NEWS for me using this. By the time I am ready to go live the full HTML5 version should be ready.

1 Like

Excellent! Is the HTML5 version available on SourceForge? Or is it not stable enough to bother with yet?

Its currently only in the cloud version as a public beta but according to the rep i talked to it will be released soon because its completely replacing flex. They are ditching flex completely. They will release the source code once the HTML5 version is released which is supposed to be very soon.

1 Like

It supports a quick clock function for timeclock so I am thinking once HTML5 version is out and source is out I can possible get it to integrate with the login of SambaPOS through rules and actions on Login.

Keep us updated please… I haven’t bothered installing the Flex version; I will wait for HTML5! :smile:

1 Like

Here is what it looks like un-configured. It works great now I just need to spend a lot of time with it figuring out how I want to integrate it.

I signed up for the cloud beta… definately will be using the locally hosted option once HTML5 version is available. Speed of the cloud version is horrible. But I am really liking this program I wont recommend it until I have tried it live but so far its looking like its my dream HR system without having to pay a monster monthly fee.

I have been looking into it pretty hard and I think I can open up full API access to TImeTrex and link some scripts that will punch people in and out via SambaPOS login through rules/actions. I am working on the scripts now once finished ill post them because I may need help with automation portion of Samba to execute the scripts correctly.

The way it would work is when an employee logs into samba it will automatically clock them in via TImeTrex and I could change the TimeClock screen to just be a way for them to check schedule, request time off, and view/print paystubs.

I am very excited to try and get this working. It will almost be as if its included in Samba because I can do all of the administration of TimeTrex right through the Entity Screen’s HTML Viewer which means 100% of my business can be done from same terminal right through Samba as if it was built in.

1 Like

Naturally I would love to see a custom module built for Samba that can handle the same functions and I could eventually get rid of TimeTrex but that may be a ways off. So for now this works great.

Or possibly a module that automates the TimeTrex integration since it is open source. I would pay for such a module.

Ok I have figured out how to edit the TimeTrex Community Edition API to allow this to happen (Community version is not set to work this way by default) now i just gotta figure out how to write the script and how to call the script via Samba login.

Here is how to open the API up for it to work:

Open: …/classes/modules/api/unauthenticated/APIAuthentication.class.php

Replace the two instances of line (One is located under “newSession” the other under “switchUser”):

if ( $this->getPermissionObject()->Check(‘company’,‘view’) AND
$this->getPermissionObject()->Check(‘company’,‘login_other_user’) )
{

With:

if ( $this->getCurrentUserObject()->getId() == ‘1’) {

Open: …/classes/modules/api/punch/APIPunch.class.php

Replace:

if ( is_object($current_station) AND $current_station->checkAllowed( $user_id, $station_id, $station_type ) == TRUE ) {

With:

if ( ‘1’  == ‘1’ ) {

And comment out the line:

$data[‘station_id’] = $current_station->getId();

As:

//$data[‘station_id’] = $current_station->getId();

I was scouring their forums to see if anyone had made a script already that I could modify to work how I want and the closest thing I could find was a script that punches via email but it uses an outside service to handle to email so I may have to just write one from scratch.

Now my big question: Is it possible to read the login info from SambaPOS and send it to TimeTrex via a script? I already know I can use rules for “User Login”

MOVING my discussion to a new post.