I need help for printing bill out in correct size and setup it up

Why… How do you fix that

why you set it 32 ?? Is it 80mm paper I set it 42.

It got reduced when he was using HTML printer as the sizes not apply to count like when using ESC/POS.

Your screenshot you have the charactor set selected!!!
You have set to Unicode…

Default setting for Star TSP100 is not ESC/POS. Open Config Utility from Program Files to switch TSP100 to ESC/POS.

1 Like

I want make font bit bigger and the receipt is not center on the bill and the spacing from the logo

Also order tag it’s doesn’t come up with additional price

Your template doesn’t match the output. I think you haven’t installed the correct printer driver, or you have changed some default settings on the printer. Did you follow the example given previously?:

Also are you printing this on the Star TSP100? Because you mentioned previously about an Epson. Can you tell us exactly what printers you have and where you have them connected? E.g. which printer for kitchen, which for POS ?

This is a printer setting and nothing to do with SambaPOS. You need to change these settings either via the printer driver or configuration settings on the printer. Usually printer configuration settings are changed either by a configuration utility or DIP switches on the actual printer - you need to check the user manual for the printer to find out how to change the left margin and top margin.

I am pretty sure this is because you have Chinese text in the order tag. Because one Chinese character actually takes up the space of 2 alphanumeric characters, it can mess with the formatting in ESC/POS mode. Is it possible you don’t print Chinese on the customer receipt and only for the kitchen? Otherwise, you might have to use HTML or the new Document Printer type. You might get better results with the Document Printer over HTML because it gives more flexible customisation, there are some examples you can get and just amend them, however I noticed earlier you struggled with the HTML format so you may have similar issues with the Document Printer.

I got a few clients using Chinese on receipts, we always have to use HTML for this reason but we are moving to Document Printer because it gives better flexibility of output (e.g. supports tables, non-fixed width fonts - ideal for Chinese).

You can find info and example template for Document Printer in the release notes:

As an alternative, which might work fine as a quick fix, just change your order tags section like this:

[ORDER TAGS]
-- Format for order tags
<L00>* {ORDER TAG NAME}
<R00>{ORDER TAG PRICE}

This will result in each order tag on 2 lines, avoids the justified format (which tends to cause problems with Chinese text). It’s not ideal but it “should” work.

How do you fix it not to print on the receipt without messing up with printer template

I already answered that, please read my last post again… :wink:

Can not changed it on my order tag and only print the Chinese into the kitchen

I know what you mean.

I think there is a way to do it, there are a few additional fields on order tags you can populate with the Chinese text and then access via printer tags. I’m not at my computer just now, possibly someone who might have used can elaborate? But also if you search forum for using order tags with different language you might be able to find a way, or just look at the template help on the printer template and experiment.

Definitely if it were product names only, you can do it using custom product tags then use {ITEM TAG:Chinese Name} on kitchen printer template.

1 Like

A note for any other people in the future browsing this. ^^^ is absolutely correct, star printers need to have ESC/POS routing turned on in their settings.

However, if you turn this on, you wont be able to use HTML and other languages or formatting e.g. changing fonts. (I find it quite difficult to read the standard esc/pos J10 font on a busy night)

However, if you turn it off, you CAN use HTML, make nice receipts…however no ESC/POS commands will work, such as opening the cash drawer.

Unlike other models e.g EPSON, you cannot make 2 printers in samba (one as HTML, one as ESC/POS) to print html then kick the cash drawer via esc/pos.

EDIT: Also wanted to add, for some reason all star printers I have encountered are never centered on the receipts…always a blank space on the left margin. Even when printing the diagnostics page this is the case.

2 Likes

The order tag price doesnt come up £3.00 with the price for additional its stay £0.00 and I have fix it but still printing Chinese on the receipt

Have you got it set to include with item price?

yes i do… but its doesn’t show the additional price when you put a set menu onto the bill.

I’ll take a stab in the dark and guess you need to change your template tag for order price to {TOTAL AMOUNT} from {TOTAL PRICE} - total price is qty X order price before tags set to be included.

where do i put that

{TOTAL AMOUNT} from {TOTAL PRICE}

… where it says {TOTAL PRICE} change it to {TOTAL AMOUNT} :stuck_out_tongue:

Its in the [ORDERS] section

The additional price didn’t come up on the order tag below

If the tag is set to price included in order price the tag shows no value as price is included in the order price.
If you want the price to be on the tag itself untick that option on the tag settings.
If you want to include in order price and not show 0.00 put square brackets arround the {ORDER TAG PRICE} like this [{ORDER TAG PRICE}], square brackets hides blank/0 values.

1 Like

but i what show the additional price and its doesn’t show £3.00 on it