I Would like to add multi captions to a table button ie name and address

I Would like to add multi captions to a table button ie name and address
can any one help

Entity display format is well documented on the forum.
You have to set the screen to use state display format and put the corresponding tags (guessing in your case {ENTITY DATA:xxxx} into the state formatting settings. Default entity screen status is usually status so on Entity Status states of New Orders and Bill Requested.

If you read this:

… you will find this:

<bold>$1</bold>{REPORT TICKET DETAILS:'<br/>'+[EN.Customer]:(TEN.Table=$1) and (TCET=Customer) and T.RemainingAmount>0 }

$1 will be the Table Name
[EN.Customer] will be the Customer Name

If you want the Customer Address as well, then you would use this:

EC.<entity type>.<field name>

Assuming the Customer Custom Data Field is named “Address”, use this:

EC.Customer.Address

So the complete expression for Display Format might be:

<bold>$1</bold>{REPORT TICKET DETAILS:'<br/>'+[EN.Customer]+'<br/>'+[EC.Customer.Address]:(TEN.Table=$1) and (TCET=Customer) and T.RemainingAmount>0 }
1 Like

@emre, that does not seem to work (5.2.2) …

Yet, the Report test works if I hard-code the Table Name …

1 Like

It seems to work fine for me? See M14 table.

Just pasted this.

<bold>$1</bold>{REPORT TICKET DETAILS:'<br/>'+[EN.Customer]+'<br/>'+[EC.Customer.Address]:(TEN.Table=$1) and (TCET=Customer) and T.RemainingAmount>0 }

It works on an “All Tables” screen that has View Mode set to Automatic.

But it does not work on a screen with View Mode set to Custom or Layout, with the Entity List populated (or not).

Ok wait, I get it. It works in an Entity Grid on a Custom screen. That makes sense.

The determining factor is that if you use Custom mode, you would (usually) place your Tables on the screen using Entity Buttons so that it matches your floor plan (rather than using an Entity Grid), in which case we need to change the Entity Button Caption for each Table …

<bold>{ENTITY NAME}</bold>{REPORT TICKET DETAILS:'<br/>'+[EN.Customer]+'<br/>'+[EC.Customer.Address]:(TEN.Table={ENTITY NAME}) and (TCET=Customer) and T.RemainingAmount>0}

That might be expensive considering it is part of every Table Button, but it does work …

In this case where we use Entity Buttons, there is also no need to enable Use Display Format in the Entity Screen Settings, nor do we need to define the Display Format for the States.

1 Like