Ideas for Combo Setup

Hey another Issue with grouping. For some odd reason the 3rd item is not adding properly and instead bugging out to the same thing as the same a main item. When I cancel main item it shows 3rd item properly? My setup is basically the same thing as the combos. When order is added ask question in which fires automation command which fires rule to add item.

I Fixed it by redoing everything and also making AC run in backround. IDK if that matters but as for my case you can ignore this. Still looks like very weird behavior that you might want to look at though

@emre I have a situation I was hoping we could work out. It may be more complex than we need to attempt right now but it is a real problem to solve for me specifically. I have my combo setup working great and will be going live with it however lets say we ring up a couple combos and then some other items not in the combos like ice cream or extra drinks. The customer wants to pay for one combo and a different person wants to pay for the rest
 well right now on payment screen we have no way to really know what was part of the combo and what wasnt
 see video.

1 Like

@emre Perhaps allow grouping on the payment screen? Maybe use it with a toggle in the Update Order Group action we can set it to true or false to group on payment screen? Is that even possible? I am not sure what that screen can read. Or ideally it would only show the Group Name instead of the individual items
that would be better.

I implemented grouping for payment screen for next update.

9 Likes

Im using your template for combos but having a minor issue that a client just called about. When they void a combo order, it doesn’t show as voided in the receipt. Can you please confirm this on your setup so we can get emre to check it out asap.

Void works fine but you have to void each individual item. It does not void the entire combo with 1 press. It can cancel the entire combo with 1 press though if order not submitted.

On the monitor it shows voided fine but not on the receipt. Hmm I’ll have to check it again if yours is working fine then. I’m pretty sure they had all the combo items voided and it was still showing the whole combo on the receipt.

You might find the combo format group section is overriding the void formatting section

You’re right. I moved the tag for voided orders above groups and now it works fine.

Thanks

@Jesse do you think its possible that we can automate voiding/gifting/moving all orders in a combo group automatically. I dont feel comfortable depending on the waitress voiding the whole combo item by item individually. I could see them somehow trying to manipulate the system by just voiding a single part of the combo to get better pricing for family or something.

Void is done by Update Order action and currently there is no option for Group Tag. If @emre allowed that then maybe we could.

Could you not use an additional order state in the grouping/combo flow as an identifier?
And add a split point on void that if combo state is true select orders with matching state value then rest of void process

Love what youve done Kendash,

Any chance you could send me a db back up of that working combo? I dont really have the time to go through from the start and I just wanted to have a quick look

Thanks

Hi, this tutorial looks great for combo deals.
I just noticed this is for V5 while my setup is still on V4.
Is it possible to follow this tutorial on V4?

It’ll be great help if you reply to this, Thank you!

No it won t be possible. You should upgrade.

Hi,

My {GROUP SUM} doesn’t add up to the deal value, where can i look for the error?
and slip is

You will have to show your template we can’t help you unless we see what you did.

1 Like

<J00>Inv No: {TICKET NO} |Waiter: {USER NAME}
<J00>Date: {TICKET DATE} {TICKET TIME}
{ENTITIES}
<F>-
[<C00>Type:{TICKET TAG:SG}]
<C00>
{ORDERS}
<F>-
{SERVICES}
<EB>
[<J10>|Total| {TICKET TOTAL}]
<DB>
{TAXES}

<EB>

{DISCOUNTS}
[<L00>CC Info {TICKET TAG:CCtype} ({TICKET TAG:CCdigits})]

{PAYMENTS}

<DB>
[<J00>|Change Due| {CHANGE TOTAL}]

<C00># ITEMS SOLD {TICKET QUANTITY SUM}

{NOTE}
[<J00>Total FREE:|{ORDER STATE TOTAL:Gift}]
[<C00>Total HH Savings:[=F(TN(’{ORDER TAG TOTAL:HH Discount}’))]]
– [<J00>TOTAL SAVINGS:[=F(-1*(TN(’{ORDER TAG TOTAL:Discount}’)+TN(’{ORDER TAG TOTAL:HH Discount}’))+TN(’{ORDER STATE TOTAL:Gift}’))]]
<J00>

[DISCOUNTS]
[<J00>Tip|{CALCULATION TOTAL:Tips}]
[<J00>Service|{CALCULATION TOTAL:Servicing}]

[ENTITIES:Table]
<J00>Table: {ENTITY NAME:Tables}

[ENTITIES:Customer]
<J00>Customer:{ENTITY NAME:Customers}|Phone: {ENTITY DATA:Customers:Phone}
[PAYMENTS]
<J00>| {TICKET TAG:CCtype} {PAYMENT NAME} Tend|{TENDERED TOTAL}

[ORDERS GROUP|GROUP TAG]
<J00>
<EB>
<J00> 1x {GROUP KEY}|{GROUP SUM}
<DB>
[ORDERS GROUP:]

[ORDERS:GROUP TAG=*]
<J00> {QUANTITY} {NAME}
{ORDER TAGS}

[ORDERS]
<J00> {QUANTITY} {NAME}|{TOTAL AMOUNT}
{ORDER TAGS}

To simplify these templates I added {GROUP TOTAL} for next update. You can use it instead of {GROUP SUM} tag.

2 Likes

Deal menu is very important part of every restaurant so i am finding exact tutorials for this setup but could not found because in this tutorials you show some thing like change menu etc.
Here in my side i have only one menu “Main Menu” and i want make Deals from this menu by choosing some products. So i try to work on it according to your this tutorial but here some thinks are misleading like actions in Rules so can you provide me exact tutorial for my this Deal setup or tell me about Action creating details because I did not understand about Action to use in Rules as you use in Rules Like
Add Promotion Order
Update Promotion Order
Update Promotion State
Update Order Promotion Group
etc

I have a new system that does not use switch menu. You should look it up. I have a tutorial for it. Intelegent combo building. But you need to be specific what you want. These can be configured many different ways.

1 Like