I’ve been using SamaPOS v5 for our Dive Shop in Mexico for about 6 months now and everything is running pretty, but I am looking to include some new functionality…
My customers often come in groups (couples, families and groups of friends). It’s not essential I know everything about each of these customers, just the group leader is normally sufficient. However, it would be good to have a list of the names of the other people in the group so we can record their names and equipment sizes.
I would like to use this information in two ways…
- Easily bring up a specific group leader and see the names and sizes of everyone in the group (and change this info if necessary).
- When creating a ticket for the group leader, if I add a specific order I should be able to pick which one of his group members this dive on the ticket is for (for example kids sometimes have a different type of order to an adult, in which case I would pick the child’s name).
As with everything in SamaPOS, there are probably going to be a few ways this could be achieved, but before embarking on anything, I thought I would ask what you guys think the best approach would be?
Here are some options I thought of…
- Add custom fields to the main customer entity type, such as "Diver1 Name, Diver1 Size, Diver2 Name, Diver2 Size"
We don’t normally have more than 10 divers in any group booking,so this reasonably fixed approach could be viable.
- Create a new entity type called “Diver” and have a custom field that contains the customerID of the leader, so these “Divers” can be linked to the leader. Each of these diver entities can each have their equipment stored as their own entity
- Do this with tasks somehow (I am not sure if or how this could work)
- Create a special ticket type to record these details. It could be settled for $0 but would allow the POS menu to be used to apply names and equipment sizes to the dive leader
With all of these options my main questions are which type of Scripts, Rules and Actions would I use to:
- Load a list of divers who are in a specific leader’s group (and adjust their names and sizes)
- When adding an order to a standard sales ticket, present the operator with a list of “Divers” to confirm which diver this order is for. The sales ticket would have been assigned to a leader already, but now we need to choose the specific diver.
- When my staff are submitting their expenses (using a POS menu and expenses ticket type), they will need to be able to select the person that they were teaching on that specific day. Is there any way they could search for one of these Divers, either directly, on by first searching for the group leader and then selecting one of the divers assigned to that leader.
As always, any ideas are more than welcome!