Implementation on LAN environment

Do you have two instances with the same name???!?

What connection string do you have on the client machine?
Have you tested firewall, just disable for now while testing.

I just have one instance (that is if you mean a PC containing the SQL server).

I have disabled the firewall

The string is like this:
Data Source=ADMIN\SQLEXPRESS; user Iā€™d=sa; Password=sambapos; Database=sambaPOS;

That is the resulting error

You have two instances on that machineā€¦
This is mine;

I have lots of databases but only one instance, and yours look to be the same name.

Show the databases in SQL, - drop down the database folder.

That is the SQL

Yes it seems I have two instances which I donā€™t remember creating and now I canā€™t tell which one has my actual database

Looks like you maybe made a second one with mixed mode, did you forget to set mixed mode security first time round?

I did it during installation, but I might have done it again as I was trying to work on settings for access.
Now how do I sort out the messā€¦

I have disconnected it but still I am not able to connect, any advice on any specific settings?

JTRTech,
How should I proceed?

I dont know, I cant see two instances being good, surprised its even possible.

Using Admin as a username is not very smart.

1 Like

@Jesse I have finally managed to configure my system to a multi user platform successfully, and I am very grateful for the support your team has accorded me.

I have been reading questions and answers on Inventory but I have not yet got any that can guide me step by step on how I can start doing purchases from my v4. It is not yet clear to me how to keep stock with my sambapos system, how to make purchases, how to issue stocks to the kitchen from my store or issue stocks to the bar from my store (is store the same thing as the warehouse?). Kindly guide me or refer to a link with step by step guidance on the inventory management configuration.