Inconsistant order tag data in the DB

I use order tags for lots of things to customise the type of dive my customers have purchased and to record who needs to earn commission for the sale, but I have recently noticed something strange…

Consider just the following three order tags:

1. Commission - Just a name which can be click and doesn’t actually affect the price of the order
  2. Discount - Either a -10% or -20% rate tag to give discounts for certain people.
  3. Equipment rental - An optional +15 price tag to charge the customer for renting dive equipment.

When applying the Discount tag I have noticed inconsistency in the JSON data that is stored in the DB.

When I have 3 tags (Commission, Discount and Equipment) added to the order, the JSON looks like this…

[
   {
      "OI":11,
      "OK":"070020",
      "Q":1,
      "TN":"Commission",
      "TV":"matt@tankha",
      "UI":4
   },
   {
      "OI":12,
      "OK":"110010",
      "PR":-8.000000,
      "RT":-10.00,
      "TN":"Discounts",
      "TV":"Multi-day discount",
   },
   {
      "DS":"Dive equipment rental",
      "OI":13,
      "OK":"150010",
      "PR":15.0000,
      "TN":"Equipment",
      "TV":"Full",
   }
]

When I have just 2 tags (Commission and DIscount) added, the JSON looks like this…

[
   {
      "OI":11,
      "OK":"070040",
      "TN":"Commission",
      "TV":"kim@tankha",
   },
   {
      "OI":12,
      "OK":"110010",
      "RT":-10.00,
      "TN":"Discounts",
      "TV":"Local discount",
   }
]

The important difference here is the when I have Equipment added, the Discount tag is different…

If the discount tag is the final tag in the list then it does not include a PR value
Conversely, if the discount tag is followed by other tags then it does include a PR value.

Why does this matter???

I am trying to use a REPORT ORDER TAG DETAILS tag to show all tags which affect the price (T.PRice) of an order. However, if the discount is the last item in the list then it won’t have a PR value and therefore shows a T.Price=0.00 in the report (even though the RT rate value did affect the order price).

For now, I have moved the commission to be the final tag in the list and this is always required so a discount tag will never be the last tag applied - But I am guessing this inconsistency I have found probably does need a proper fix at some point.

I understand that in many ways good practice would be to just base the PR on the RT and therefore to never include a PR value, but if that’s the case the REPORT ORDER TAG DETAILS:T.Price logic needs to be updated to calculate the price from the rate when the report is produced.