Instant Phone Notifications With PushOver

Instant Phone Notifications Based on any Rule on Samba
Works on both Android & IOS

Were going to use the service called Pushover. (https://pushover.net/)
They give you a 7-day free trial but only $5 ONE TIME app purchase and then the service is yours to use forever. Totally worth every penny in my opinion.

Go download the Pushover
After you create an account with them they will send you an email providing you the following information:

You can also send notifications to your devices via e-mail to:

qrgtbxvw@pomail.net

You can use sambaPOS to send emails to that email and you’ll directly get that notification on your phone.
Simple example of what your email action should look like in samba:

This is the simple integration but honestly is very responsive. Notifications come no longer then 2 seconds after action triggered on samba. I plan on attempting to use the actual php api but for now this will do.

Our team focuses primarily on Restaurant Anti Theft Protection. So a potential use for us might be to allow our customers to monitor a certain waitress’s actions. If they think she might be doing something shady with voids well make a rule that sends owner notification everytime waitress: jennifer voids an order or another action.

Soon as the Feedback Customer Display is done we will have a notification fire every time a customer presses unsatisfactory feedback button. This will be very powerful on keeping up with customer disatisfaction especially for business owners that have multiple locations and cant be at all of them daily.

In the future I plan on buying 4 phones and smart watches. Each phone will have the app installed and have the device name set to waitress user name. Then when kitchen order is set to ready on Kitchen Display, I will have samba send instant notification to that user name device and that order for table 14 is ready. :slight_smile: Actually not hard at all to do so expect demonstration soon.

5 Likes

hello, just a tip, i configured my gmail like the example but its necesary to change the configuration to permit the non secure programs to log in at your acount

2 Likes