I have spent all day today trying to work this out but i failed hence i’m emailing you.
I have the following scenario:
We buy Carlton Beer Kegs that has 49500ml of beer (we sell other beers with the same portions and sizes)
we sell two sizes to customers small 285ml and large 425ml
I added these products with the correct small and large portions and the order screen is working fine. I created a product calle Carlton with a small portion of 285ml and the price of $3 and large portion of 425ml for $5 and a keg size of 49,500ml with no price tag (we don’t sell this portion)
This is how I did it:
- Setup Inventory item with the name Carlton Tab Beer
- Base unit ml
- Transaction Unit ml
- Multiplier 1
- Created recipe Called Carlton Tab
- Product is Carlton
- Portion is keg
- Fixed cost of $100
- Added inventory of “Carlton Tab Beer”
- Quantitiy is 49,500
- Unit is ml
Now my question is:
- Is this correct? that doesn’t feel right in the pos screen i get the keg popping up as a selling portion which i don’t want.
- if this is wrong, how would you set it up?
- How do i place purchase order and receive it from my supplier?
Please note, i have been through all the documentation online but didn’t fix my problem.
Your prompt reply would be really appreciated.