Inventory Importer

I’ve used the importer but the problem is that CSV files change the barcode values so im unable to import the barcodes properly. Would it be possible to use .xlsx files instead?

No. XLS(X) files are a proprietary file format.

CSV files do not “change” barcodes. They are plain-text files. If you think they are being changed, that is because Excel is formatting and displaying them improperly. It might even be saving them improperly.

Open the CSV file in Notepad instead to see the “real” barcode and other content that the CSV file actually contains.

1 Like

The CSV file formats the bar code and it gets imported to SambaPOS in the CSV formatted style

No, it does not. Excel is doing that, and when you save the file, Excel is writing formatted barcode data to the CSV file.

Open a “good” CSV file with Excel. Change the barcode column format to Custom, so that Excel does not display formatted data. Save the file as CSV.

I[quote=“QMcKay, post:4, topic:11893”]
No, it does not. Excel is doing that, and when you save the file, Excel is writing formatted barcode data to the CSV file.

Open a “good” CSV file with Excel. Change the barcode column format to Custom, so that Excel does not display formatted data. Save the file as CSV.
[/quote]

I opened a “good” CSV file and changed the format to custom, but after saved the file it was reverted back to Excel’s formatted data. Would it help to use another software other than Excel?

You can open it in notepad or you get set the format in excel so it works.

1 Like

I tried setting the format but the format gets reverted after saving the file in Excel.

Set the column format to Text.