Inventory Report Seperation

Hi all, I would like to select the warehouses that appears on the inventory Consumption report . For example…I have 5 warehouses**(Supplier Warehouse, Bar Warehouse, Kitchen Warehouse, MainBar and Restaurant Warehouses)** I would not like to show the supplier warehouse, Bar Warehouses.
Am thinking of something like below but its not working.

[Inventory Report:1,1, 1]
{REPORT INVENTORY:(C.Warehouse=MainBar, Restaurant Bar AND Kitchen Warehouse)}

Regards.

It would be OR not AND as it couldn’t be all 3 at same time…
Double pipe is used for or in many places in samba ‘||’ have no idea if it would work but based on other areas it would be something like
CWharehouse=MainBar||CWherehouse=Restaurant||etc||etc

Hi JTRTech,
Thanks for your support but the above code gave blank report. I applied as below.
[Inventory Consumptions:1,1, 1]
{REPORT INVENTORY:C.Warehouse=Garden Bar||C.Warehouse=Restaurant Bar||Housekeeping}

Because that is bad syntax. Look here for how to use Expressions in a custom report.

https://www.sambapos.com/wiki/doku.php?id=custom_reporting_tags

Hi Kendash,
I have modified it to
{REPORT INVENTORY:(C.Warehouse=Garden Bar) AND (C.Warehouse=Restaurant Bar) AND (House Keeping)}

Still no display.
What’s the correct syntax?

Hi Kendash,
I have modified it to
{REPORT INVENTORY:(C.Warehouse=Garden Bar) AND (C.Warehouse=Restaurant Bar) AND (House Keeping)}

Still no display.
What’s the correct syntax?

You would surely want to be OR as I said above, how can a transactipon be all 3 wherehouses…

1 Like

Few issues…

1. you should use OR not AND
  2. What is House Keeping? that is not a valid expression. Do you mean (C.Warehouse=House Keeping)?
1 Like

Hi JTR,
This is the default Inventory report syntax
[Inventory Report:1,1, 1]
{REPORT INVENTORY}
It gives a report on all the warehouses.My requirement is to filter and only show the warehouses that are of important to the client.

Do you mean (C.Warehouse=House Keeping)?YES that what i meant, sorry for the omission and I have modified as below:
{REPORT INVENTORY:(C.Warehouse=Garden Bar) OR (C.Warehouse=Restaurant Bar) OR (C.Warehouse=House Keeping)}

Still no display.

OK so that tag is not a custom report tag it is a specific tag. Expressions won’t work but you can maybe use something else. I am on my phone and not near a terminal to test for you.

There is {REPORT INVENTORY:X} listed in the reports expressions…

1 Like

Only reference to expressions on this tag is form kendash;

{REPORT INVENTORY::}

Seems like that tag isnt going to work for your intended purpose.

Hi JTR, I tried that and it dint work.Still giving blank reports.

That report tag is hard-coded and does not accept any filters AFAIK. You need to use The Inventory Cost or Inventory Consumption or Inventory Transactions reports.

https://www.sambapos.com/wiki/doku.php/custom_reporting_tags_for_v5

1 Like

Hi Thanks, but am trying to look at https://forum.sambapos.com/t/report-consumption-tag-low-inventory-condition/9347 this to see whether I can get the required results

That Topic explicitly states that {REPORT INVENTORY} is hard-coded and only accepts a couple parameters. It will not work for your purpose.

It is using the {REPORT CONSUMPTION DETAILS:X} Tag, in which you can use one of these filters:

C.Warehouse=="Warehouse Name"
(PCW=Warehouse Name)

Where PCW is the abbreviation for “Periodic Consumption Warehouse”.

See also this post:

Here is a Report showing Inventory Consumption from a Warehouse named SHOP

[Inventory Consumption:2, 1,1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1.1]
>Item|Used|Unit|Pred|InStock|Added|Removed|Warehouse
{REPORT CONSUMPTION DETAILS:
C.Name.asc,C.Consumption.Sum,C.Unit,C.Inventory.Sum,C.InStock.Sum
,C.Added.Sum,C.Removed.Sum,C.Warehouse
:(PCW=SHOP) && C.Consumption>0}

4 Likes