REPORT CONSUMPTION Tag: Low Inventory Condition?

Continuing the discussion from Daily inventory count!:

Ok - I give up, can somebody please help me adding the condition onto this syntax to only print Inventorysay < 2 units on hand. Below is the standard syntax:

[Inventory Consumptions:1,1,1]
>Item|Warehouse|Inv
{REPORT CONSUMPTION DETAILS:C.Name,C.Warehouse,C.Inventory.asc}

I have tried quite a few variances on the end like (after the first colon):
:C.Inventory < 2
:{0}|{1}|{2}:::$3>0:}

Ok considering this works and produces records it must be something in Emre’s mind again…
{REPORT CONSUMPTION DETAILS:C.Name.desc,C.Unit,C.Inventory,C.InStock,C.Added,C.Removed,C.Consumption:C.Consumption>0}

Clearly I have no idea :disappointed:

Here is another attempt at the longer format but cannot get the syntax right before the last colon!
{REPORT CONSUMPTION DETAILS:C.Name,C.Warehouse,C.Inventory.asc:: {0} | {1} | {2} :::}

[EDIT]
No takers?
Ummm @emre is it possible to use other filters on the {REPORT CONSUMPTION DETAILS:x} Tag?

[EDIT2:]
Ok I have changed the name of this thread in case posters to give a better idea about my question. Happy to have a YES or NO (not supported) as I will design another idea.

I never use inventory just wondering how
{REPORT INVENTORY} vs {REPORT CONSUMPTION DETAILS} output like.
Could you post the output? Maybe you should use REPORT INVENTORY instead.

Never used either but my guess would be inventory relates to stock inhouse vs consumption being that used…

Hey @sukasem
Thanks for coming in - I thought I was placed on ignore lol…

I can you the exact difference as I been working on this for quite a few hours.
{REPORT INVENTORY} - Is a hardcoded report it accepts very little input except for 2 parameters.

{REPORT INVENTORY:inventory item:warehouse} - produced 1 figure a stock level.
{REPORT INVENTORY:9325862000250 Sun Screen:Proshop Inventory} returns -1

{REPORT INVENTORY} - no parameters returns a stock list with Inventory Levels

There is no in-between - am I would just like the ability to filter a list by INVENTORY LEVEL.

I show an example of the Consumption Tag give me a sec.

This is a {TAG:x} so you would expect I can use filters or expressions so this was my solution to get a Low Inventory List.

How about :{1} < 2?
I believe those {0} {1}… represent column value inthis case {1} should be qty?

I tried that with {REPORT CONSUMPTION DETAILS:x} but to no avail. To prove point a will paste the output from a filtered Consumption Tag.

Just happy to speak to someone as maybe cannot see the “wood from the trees now…”

Just try it with REPORT INVENTORY please.

Top image has 3 outputs:
{REPORT INVENTORY}

{REPORT INVENTORY:Inventory Item} - fails

{REPORT INVENTORY:Inventory Item:warehouse} - prints -1

Is that what you want?

Maybe {REPORT INVENTORY:($1 < 2)}

Just wild guess, I see sample like this :(TY=$1)

Yea, nup - this tag is definitely hardcode so no parameters can be used. Its the Consumption Tag that is required BUT I think there may be a problem with that tag as like all TAGS (or many) they are constrained to Work Period!

Therefore - No sales - No Report - means No Inventory Item!

See this Default Payment Report
{REPORT PAYMENT DETAILS:P.Name,P.Amount.Percent,P.Amount.Sum:Payment.Amount > 0}

Maby have touse Consumption.Inventory

See above @sukasem the last bit is the consumption Tag Filter for Consumption greater than “0”. A reference to a field so since we can do that I thought I could make reference to C.Inventory or C.InStock?

#ARRRHHH!

Now you see boys and girls all I needed was for someone to talk to me!

[Inventory Consumptions:1,1,1]
>Item|Warehouse|Inv
{REPORT CONSUMPTION DETAILS:C.Name,C.Warehouse,C.Inventory.asc:C.InStock<0}

:triumph:

Now we can product PURCHASE ORDERS for low stock :grin: inside SambaPOS.

3 Likes

I think @emre I would like you to look at this and tell me is it a error or BY design. I not sure why C.Inventory cannot be referenced unless it is returned as a CHAR or something. Also unsure why C.InStock did not move.

Please can you verify the above, and image below - thanks.

I ask this because it is a NEW TAG :smiley:

In stock is from your end of day records calculations it updates after end work period and if you make any changes to end of day.

All report tags are hard coded but we get parameters etc to use with them. They simplify the SQL for you but there are times you may need to simply use SQL

You should use report inventory tag and parameter for the items use expression in the parameter. I’ll give example in minute.

1 Like

Umm ok - so C,Inventory should be used but it does not work? From the above image I agree as the Level did not change.

Almost was heading that way but Inventory and Recipes and the more complicated bits…

Hey @Jesse - looks like the ‘A’ team have been busy.

Did you have a change to look at this TAG as using C.Instock which is my current solution would only work AFTER a End of Day report is done. These reports are not likely to be done every day so a better solution will be needed.

Sorry to drag up an old thread but did you find a solution to this?

Consumption report works fine with C.Consumption>0

[Consumption:1, 1]
{REPORT CONSUMPTION DETAILS:C.Name,C.Consumption:C.Consumption>0}

But Low Stock report will not filter using C.Inventory<5

[Low Stock:1, 1]
{REPORT CONSUMPTION DETAILS:C.Name,C.Inventory:C.Inventory<5}

Try this.

[Low Stock:1, 1]
{REPORT CONSUMPTION DETAILS:C.Name,C.Inventory:C.GetPhysicalInventory() < 5}
2 Likes

Perfect Thanks
C.PhysicalInventory did not work in this report for me.

[Report Inventory Consumption:2,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1]
{REPORT CONSUMPTION DETAILS:C.Name,C.Unit,C.Inventory.desc,C.Prediction,C.InStock,C.Added,C.Removed,C.Consumption,C.PhysicalInventory}

Is there a difference between C.Inventory and C.PhysicalInventory?