Inventory Tracking Product Inventory Item Same name with different quantity

One question about Inventory.

In the list of sell I have a product called Smirnoff. When I select this choice it will decrease of 50 ml the bottle of Smirnoff.

But Imagine tha I have two chance to buy Smirnoff Bottle:

1. Smirnoff Bottle of 750 ml
    2, Smirnoff Bottle of 1000 ml
    sometimes I will find N. 1 and sometimes N.2. This will depend of the market state…

In Inventory I have created Two Inventory Items:
1.Vodka Smirnoff 750 ml
Base Unit:ml
Transaction Unit: Bottle
Transaction Unit Multiplier:750

2.Vodka Smirnoff 1000 ml
Base Unit:ml
Transaction Unit: Bottle
Transaction Unit Multiplier:1000

Then I add a Recipe called Smirnoff
Product -->Smirnoff
Inventory Item Name: Vodka Smirnoff 750
Quantity :50
Unit:ml

Now I have created a New Transaction and I have added to the Warehouse 1 bottle of Vodka Smirnoff 750.

If I will sell One Smirnoff in the warehouse it will decrease the specific % and till now all works fine.

But Now I have found a bottle and add a New Transaction: Vodka Smirnoff 1000 ml

In the Warehouse I will find
Vodka Smirnoff 1000 ml
Vodka Smirnoff 750 ml

If I will sell another Smirnoff it will decrease only Vodka Smirnoff 750 ml. (correctly) and not the second one Vodka Smirnoff 1000 ml.

If I will add in the Receipe Smirnoff:
Inventory Item Name: Vodka Smirnoff 1000
Quantity :50
Unit:ml

It will decrease at the same time the two Warehouse product…

But the product at the origin is the same… I don’t want use calculation based on ml during the Add New Transaction. (from the sellers I check the cost for a bottle and not for ml…)… but it’s easier to insert 1 Bottle with the specific price…

Very difficult to explain in words … sorry…

Thank’s

Thank’s

Bye

maurizio

… so if you don’t create separate Smirnoff (or portions) for each bottle there is no way to know which Smirnoff Bottle inventory we need to decrease. Creating multiple Smirnoff products is not a god solution so you can track Smirnoff inventory through single Smirnoff bottle inventory item. The solution might be creating an inventory item for Smirnoff 1000ml. and while buying Smirnoff 750ml. you can record it as 0.75 Smirnoff.

If you think a better solution we can talk about that.

Hi Emre
I can add 0,75 ml Smirnoff but only at the END OF PERIOD and bot during the normal operation of the day.

In addition When I close The Period automatically it doesn’t appears in END of Day Records the last period closed.

If I choose Add End of Day Record (because the end of day doesn’t appear)—> and SAVE it will crash SAMBA POS.

If I close Samba POS and restart it it will appear.

I don’t understand …

Thank’s
Bye Maurizio

No not 0,75 ml. You have nothing to do with end of period.

I mean create a single inventory item for 1000 ml Smirnoff. While buying 1000ml Smirnoff purchase it as 1 bottle and while buying 750ml purchase it as 0,75 bottle. So if you buy 1 1000ml and 1 750ml you’ll have 1,75 bottle of Smirnoff and that makes 1750ml. So Smirnoff sales will decrease fine.

1 Like

This works fine for the Inventory Prediction …but I will see the problems in the calculation of the costs of each items
Imagine that I receive from the supplier:
Smirnoff 750 ml —> Cost 9
Smirnoff 1000 ml --> Cost 10

I go in Transaction–> Add Transaction Document:
Smirnoff 1000 ml
Quantity 1,75
Unit: Bottle
Unit Price …
Now I have to do a calculation “by hand” (10+9)/1,75 and insert the result in Unit Price…
Automatically will show: Total 19

So at the same time it will decrease correctly the inventory and the cost will be real…

But it’s hard doing " by hand" calculation …for a lot of items… I’m thinking rather then Bottle to put ml but in this case there will be a calculation on ml…it’s the same…

I find a solution to the problem…
Transaction Document
Specify only Quantity and Total with nothing in Unit Price (then the unit price will be calculated automatically on 1000 ml… but this isn’t a problem)

Thank’s a lot

Bye

Maurizio

samba pos don’t want to end work period saying sequins contain more then one element

@johanhattech which version are you using?