"is" gets converted in to "=="

I am trying to put a message on my tickets, but I have run in to a problem…

I am trying to use…
[=TN('{REMAINING TOTAL}') != '0' ? '<C00>This is not an invoice' : '']

But it prints…
This == not an invocie

Any ideas?

Escape is and see what happens. Obviously is is reserved and it is being used somewhere like == so you would need to reword it and not use is or try escaping it.

Try

This isn’t an invoice

2 Likes

Many of my clients are not native English speakers, so the concept of an aporophe isn’t great for them.

I’m not sure is equals == is a standard JScript substitution, is this not something the @emre has added in to make things easier?

I have tried escaping it, but it didn’t work.

For now this is what I have come up with, but it makes the template a little ugly:
[=TN('{REMAINING TOTAL}') == '0' ? '<C>Tank-Ha i' + 's a PADI 5-Star Dive Resort' : '']

It’s custom syntax he put in before we had js support. We did not always have js. The js support came with v5.

1 Like

Why was this removed fromt he V5 Issue category?

@emre describes this category as…

I would have thought that this is strange or unexpected… No?

No it’s really expected because of how he designed the syntax. There will be some things that are reserved.

Seems a bit weird that the words and, or, not, equals all work normally. I get that some things like ", \ and ' you expect to have to escape, but seems weird behaviour that this one word is reserved.

But fair enough, if you think this isn’t not normal then I guess it isn’t not an issue (didn’t want to write the word ==)… Ooops :wink:

I agree it’s weird but you do understand why it is right? It’s a compromise for allowing us to use some Jscript the way we do. It’s not really a strange behavior or broken feature it’s just inconvenient c9mplexity of allowing us access to something advanced typically reserved for developers.

1 Like

The zero should not be quoted.

1 Like

Yep - @JTRTech pointed that out to me on a different post. I slowly going through all of my rules and checking them…

I find it interesting that the “is” word is causing an issue in the first place. I cannot test right now to confirm this is the case. Can anyone else test to confirm this?

Maybe try using double quotes on your sentence.