Is Mobile Client for use over the internet or in house wireless network?

If latter, then how would I go about making a simple app that I can interact with SambaPOS over the internet?
For example, I would like my customers be able to log on my app to pre-order food before coming to pick up.

Can someone gives me some pointers where should I start to research?

It requires access to the SQL server. It can run over internet if you open your server up to it. But if you do that you are at high risk of vulnerability. It’s recommended not to do that.

A better way to allow customers to pre order is gloriafood.com and follow the integration app we have in tutorials. I use gloriafood for online orders and it is great.

2 Likes

I would guess that the App will work over the Internet, but it isn’t really for Customer use, since you need to buy a license for every Device that you install it on.

The App is based on a GraphQL Engine and SignalR Server inside SambaPOS Messaging Service.

PMPOS and Gloria Food integration utilize GraphQL…

https://forum.sambapos.com/t/integrators-graphql-api-guide/14047

GQL Modules also employs GraphQL and a connection to SignalR. But again, it is not intended for Customer use.

If you want to build your own Online Ordering system, you need to learn HTML, CSS, and Javascript, Then you use GraphQL Queries and Mutations to send and retrieve data to/from the SambaPOS Server, via AJAX (likely via the JQuery library)…

Study the Integrators Guide, study the PMPOS on GitHub, study GQL Modules. They all use similar mechanisms.

1 Like

On this subject, is it possible to bring a table side to a vending event? We make BBQ off site regularly and I would like to track the sales. Can it work offline, then update when its back in range?

Could work off site if setup accordingly using public IP of your internet connection and setting up firewall etc but needs caution as changing you routers firewall opens you up for potential vulnerability.however the tablet would need to be online when offsite in order to connect back to the server. It will not work offline.

All you need is the Message Server port to be open to internet and connect the app to your message server. Remember that mobile app does not take payment though… only orders.

1 Like