Is there a list of syntaxes, variables used in automation commands

Hi,
I am a newbie, learning the ropes of this wonderful POS. Can anyone point me to a link showing the list of variables , syntax’s etc that can be used under automation commands and their usage. I would like to create multiple Kitchen displays from scratch. I want to Group multiple menu Categories under a single department. For eg, Soft Drinks, Fresh Fruit Juices, Mocktails etc under a JUICE Category. I used Custom product tag called SECTION to separate items into JUICES, SNACKS, KITCHEN AND COUNTER. I want to know the usage of ITEM TAG:X or PRODUCT TAG:X in place of the MENU ITEM GROUP CODE in Emre’s Wonderful Tutorial for the same to update beverage orders display state as bar…Setup Courses - different serving areas on same order.. with entity screens.
I want to update 5 or 6 categories of menu items as Juice. Each category has 10 to 12 products under it. Can anyone point me in the right direction.
And going forward how do i implement the following
If Menu Category 1 or Menu Category 2 or Menu Category 3 … Update Display State as Juice
Else if Menu Category 5 or Menu Category 4 or Menu Category 5 … Update Display State as Snacks
Else if…
and so on for 3 or 4 Displays
Thanks in advance

Search http://forum.sambapos.com/c/tutorial al lot of info here.

Thanks … Did that…
Got the First part Working {ITEM TAG:X} Equals SOMETHING - Update Display to Something
Now trying to get the If , Else if, Else if loop to work.

Think your over complicating it.
Not done kitchen display so might have misunderstood, what you rendering to with the else if else if?

Can you set your {ITEM TAG:xxx} to be the value you want use? Say Your display state.

Have an order added event rule with constraint of {ITEM TAG:DisplayState} is not null or not = blank, (not sure best one to use.

Have the action of update order state (not status)
State name – DisplayState
State – {ITEM TAG:DisplayState}

I have guesses else if is a tag-displaystate = x then x else tag-displaystate y then y else…
If I’ve missed what your looking for apologies.

Hi
Thanks for the reply… Already tried a custom tag for a bunch of products and used emre’s kitchen display tutorial. Slowly geting there. My system now Updates orders to four different displays depending on the custom item tag. I junked the If… else if …idea long back.

Okay Stuck on a silly thing… Can you help me out ? I have Four Custom Entity Screens… Names Juices, Kitchen, FastFood and Counter. I need to Display The Name of the Entity Screen from which the order has been supplied to the Counter. How do i reference the Name of the custom Entity Screen… What is the proper syntax ? None of the following work.
{Entity Name:Screen}
{Entity Screen Name}

In the First image, I have manually entered ‘JUICE ORDER’ as the Table heading.
However, In the Second Image, I want {The Name of the Custom Entity Screen} Order. How do i go about it ?

Go to the Entity Screen, right click Design mode,
Inside right mouse click - Settings, and add/schange Order State for the chosen display.

Thanks … But that’s not what i meant Peter. I want to access then Name of the Custom Entity Screen in a Printer Template. In my case, My ‘JUICE’ Entity screen has an order ready button (My 1st Pic Uploaded above) When i press that it updates that order to the ‘COUNTER’ Entity Screen. (The 2nd Pic). However inside the Counter entity screen, I have a printer template. The First line has Got ORDER Written, Now, i want this to be JUICE ORDER. i.e. i want a variable set up which tell the printer template where the order has come from. If the order is from the ‘KITCHEN’ than i want KITCHEN ORDER. In other words, I want to Access the name of the Entity Screen within the template… Like how one access the name of the Customer like {ENTITY NAME:Customer} … So how do i pass on the Entity Name of the Custom Screen

You could use Custom tags to indicate were it comes from, or use Fruit Juice to define were it comes from, let me have a look how to manage (If I don’t get to busy)

Oke, you can work with [ORDERS GROUP|ORDER STATE:Course]

::::{GROUP KEY}::::

Or you can assign order tags.

Could you you not add an action to the ORDER READY button rule to tag/set a state for the appropriate orders and output that into the template?

Create a program setting and use your Automation Command Executed rule for your Juice Order Ready button that stores Juice Order in that program setting then use {SETTING:X} to recall it in the template.

So you might make a program setting that is named {TICKET NO} and store Juice Order inside it then you would read it with {SETTING:{TICKET NO}} This way it creates a unique setting for just that ticket and wont overwrite if multiple tickets done same time.

So for example you have ticket no 1 and its a juice order. You press Order Ready from the Juice order screen and it will store Juice Order inside a setting for Ticket No 1. You read it with {SETTING:{TICKET NO}} in the template.

1 Like