Issues installing sambapos in a new pc

Hi everybody
I installed the sambapos 4 and i can´t connect the remote machine to the server.
I have already this before but i have changed the server and now is not connecting
I have tried with sql 2012 and sql 2014 too
i have read in the forum the guidance for install SQL in both versions
I dont understund what is happening
Running Sambapos in the server it already connect.
I have disconnected the firewall but still doesnt connect the remote pc to the sambapos.
Looking in the filemanager i can connect to the server and their folders
Other issue is that I cant recover the backup in to the new server
The server is a windows 10 Pro OS

Checked l every step, setting the piped trucks ports, that you enabled mixed mode auth not just Windows.

1 Like

windows defender close
antivuris close are you sure

1 Like

I found the solutions for the first problem.

1. SQL Management security uncheck and check again the checkbox for “sa” user
  2. I ran services.msc and activate one of the sqlserver that refuse to start automatic (maybe a problem of my pc, it appeared with the last win update)
    Now i can connect to the server from all pcs in the net
    but i can not restore the backup, this message apear
    The message said:
    use WITH MOVE.
    i dont kown what is with move

Um, the first sentence states it can’t find your backup file or perhaps cannot access it due to a permissions problem.

Don’t worry about the “WITH MOVE” thing.

I’m not agree. The first sentence says that the system cant find the destination folder, i think it is because the SQL version has changed.
Looking for the WITH MOVE I found some SQL extra options
the Sql system management has am option to restore database but until now y cant restore the DB correctly

The path includes the file SambaPOS4.mdf which is the database file. It cannot find the file. It might be that the path to the file is incorrect due to the change in SQL version since MSSQL11 is SQL 2012 and MSSQL12 is SQL 2014. In any case, it cannot file the path, which in this case also includes the file.

Try changing the Database Backup Location in SambaPOS DB Settings and put your BAK file there.

Try checking different options in the SambaPOS DB Settings - try enabling both of the options marked by the red arrows…

If you want to try the WITH MOVE option, that can be done from the command line using sqlcmd or possibly through SSMS query, but SambaPOS does not have that built in.

Thanks QMcKay for your time
I ´m using sambapos 4. The last check doesnt exist.
Allow overwrinting was already checked during my test
I used the option recover from zip. it options allow you to chose the folder with the database in format ZIP
I tried the SSMS query but it havent the WITH MOVE OPTION or i cant find it
The cmd line is a Little scary for me

The problema was solved.
the solutions is using SSMS selecting data base, rigth botón selecting restore and selecting
in general folder: DEVICES instead of files
in options: checking RELOCATED ALL FILES TO FOLDER and selecting the new folder
and the solutions come true

1 Like