Kitchen/Bar Display using Task Printer - separate displays for Food and Drink

Those are tags, how are you formatting your deisplay? You would need to include those in the ‘template’

1 Like

Order Tags are part of the Printer Template. Be sure your Template contains a section for [ORDER TAGS].

That is by design. One Order per Card, not one Ticket per Card. This has already been covered in this Topic more than once.

Now when open samba this popup appear [KD Print Order] An action called [KD Execute KD Print Job - Food] not found. I check the rules but everything look ok for me…

SambaPOS is telling you that it is not ok.

Post the log.txt content in [Documents]\SambaPOS5\log.txt

Basically, a Rule is using an Action that it cannot find. So you need to go into that Rule, delete the Action, Save the Rule, reopen the Rule, Add the proper Action, then Save the Rule again. Then run Test Rules to be sure the error is gone.

Thanks a lot now all is working ok

@QMcKay Do you know how to group by products and tables like ^ this.

I put Tables obviously it doesn’t work lol.

Just a guess… the parameter is named “Custom data group by”, so you probably need to set a Custom Data Field in your Printer Template, like:

(Table={ENTITY NAME:Table})

The format for specifying Custom Data Fields in the Template is:

(customDataFieldName=customDataFieldValue)

Then for the Widget Parameter for Custom data group by, use the word Table.

2 Likes

Hi All,
After finish all step above i got nothing on my Entity screen as picture below, could i have your assist where i have to double check please

Hard to say. Looks like settings are wrong somewhere. You made a mistake somewhere. Your screens your showing us makes it obvious you missed something but it is hard for us to know what you missedd we can’t see any of your work.

You obviously did not follow the Tutorial properly. The Task Editor Widgets, for example, are not configured properly to hide Custom Fields, and disable Task Creation.

Hi "kendash" thank you for your suggestion, could i have your review my step detail below please any mistake 

NOTE: i using default product and category
Task Types

Printers, Printer Templates, Print Jobs

Printer Job

Food Template
[LAYOUT]
{ORDERS}

[ORDERS]
++{ORDER TIME} {ENTITY NAME:Table} {ENTITY NAME:Customer}
(Id={NAME}-{ORDER UID})
(Color=#FF333333)
<bold>[=('{QUANTITY}'>1 ? ('{QUANTITY}'+'  ').substr(0,2) : '  ')] {PRODUCT NAME}</bold>
[='{PORTION}'=='' ? '' : '<font Consolas>  <color #FF55FF33><size 17><bold>{PORTION}</bold></size></color></font>']
{SORTED ORDER TAGS}

[ORDERS:Gift]
(Id={NAME}-{ORDER UID})
(Color=#FF333333)
<bold>[=('{QUANTITY}'>1 ? ('{QUANTITY}'+'  ').substr(0,2) : '  ')] {PRODUCT NAME}</bold>
[='{PORTION}'=='' ? '' : '<font Consolas>  <color #FF55FF33><size 17><bold>{PORTION}</bold></size></color></font>']
{SORTED ORDER TAGS}

[ORDERS:Void]
(Id={NAME}-{ORDER UID})
(Color=Red)
{SORTED ORDER TAGS}

[SORTED ORDER TAGS:VIP Discount]
-- do not print

[SORTED ORDER TAGS:Happy Hour Discount]
-- do not print

[SORTED ORDER TAGS:Sides]
<size 14><color #FFFFAA55><font Consolas>   [=('{ORDER TAG QUANTITY}'>1 ? {ORDER TAG QUANTITY} : ' ')] {ORDER TAG NAME}</font></color></size>

[SORTED ORDER TAGS:Bread]
-- do not print

[SORTED ORDER TAGS:Meat]
<size 14><color #FFCCCCFF><font Consolas>   [=('{ORDER TAG QUANTITY}'>1 ? {ORDER TAG QUANTITY} : ' ')] {ORDER TAG NAME}</font></color></size>

[SORTED ORDER TAGS:Cheese]
<size 14><color Yellow><font Consolas>   [=('{ORDER TAG QUANTITY}'>1 ? {ORDER TAG QUANTITY} : ' ')] {ORDER TAG NAME}</font></color></size>

[SORTED ORDER TAGS:EXTRA Addons]
<size 14><color #FF55FF55><font Consolas>   [=('{ORDER TAG QUANTITY}'>1 ? {ORDER TAG QUANTITY} : ' ')] {ORDER TAG NAME}</font></color></size>

[SORTED ORDER TAGS:Veggies]
<size 14><color #FFCCFFCC><font Consolas>   [=('{ORDER TAG QUANTITY}'>1 ? {ORDER TAG QUANTITY} : ' ')] {ORDER TAG NAME}</font></color></size>

[SORTED ORDER TAGS:Condiments]
<size 14><color #FFFFCCCC><font Consolas>   [=('{ORDER TAG QUANTITY}'>1 ? {ORDER TAG QUANTITY} : ' ')] {ORDER TAG NAME}</font></color></size>

[SORTED ORDER TAGS GROUP|EXTRA Addons,Sauteed,OTS,Sides]

[SORTED ORDER TAGS GROUP:EXTRA Addons]
<size 14><color LightSalmon>     ~~~ ADDONS ~~~</color></size>

[SORTED ORDER TAGS GROUP:Sauteed]
<size 14><color LightSalmon>     ~~~ SAUTEED ~~~</color></size>

[SORTED ORDER TAGS GROUP:OTS]
<size 14><color LightSalmon>     ~~~ ON THE SIDE ~~~</color></size>

[SORTED ORDER TAGS GROUP:Sides]
<size 14><color LightSalmon>     ~~~ SIDES ~~~</color></size>

Beverage Template
[LAYOUT]
++{TIME} {ENTITY NAME:Table} {ENTITY NAME:Customer}
{ORDERS}

[ORDERS GROUP|PRODUCT GROUP]
<color Orange><size 12><font Consolas>[='~~~ {GROUP KEY} ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~'.substr(0,40)]</font></size></color>

[ORDERS]
<color White><bold><size 16><font Consolas>[=('{QUANTITY}'+'  ').substr(0,2)] {PRODUCT NAME}</font></size></bold></color>[='{PORTION}'=='' ? '' : '<font Consolas> <color #FF55FF33><size 14><italic>{PORTION}</italic></size></color></font>']
{SORTED ORDER TAGS}

<color White><bold><size 16><font Consolas>[=('{QUANTITY}'+'  ').substr(0,2)] {PRODUCT NAME}</font></size></bold></color>[='{PORTION}'=='' ? '' : '<font Consolas> <color #FF55FF33><size 14><italic>{PORTION}</italic></size></color></font>'] <bold> FREE</bold>
{SORTED ORDER TAGS}

<color White><bold><size 16><font Consolas>[=('{QUANTITY}'+'  ').substr(0,2)] {PRODUCT NAME}</font></size></bold></color>[='{PORTION}'=='' ? '' : '<font Consolas> <color #FF55FF33><size 14><italic>{PORTION}</italic></size></color></font>'] <bold> VOID</bold>
{SORTED ORDER TAGS}

[SORTED ORDER TAGS]
<size 14><color Yellow><font Consolas>    [=('{ORDER TAG QUANTITY}'>1 ? {ORDER TAG QUANTITY} : ' ')] {ORDER TAG NAME}</font></color></size>

[SORTED ORDER TAGS:VIP Discount]
-- do not print

[SORTED ORDER TAGS:Happy Hour Discount]
-- do not print

Entity Screen Configuration

Automation Command

Navigate Module Action

Update Order State Action

Execute Print Job Actions

**Order Added to Ticket Rules **

Rules to update KDStatus State when the Ticket is Closed

Rule to Print Food Orders

Rule to reset KDStatus State when Order is Voided or a Void is Canceled (Food)

Entity Screen Design

Your Rules shown are using a KDStatus Order State of FNotPrinting / BNotPrinting which is incorrect. They should be FPrinting / BPrinting.

These are the only KDStatus Order States that should be used:

FNotPrinted
FPrinting
FPrinted

BNotPrinted
BPrinting
BPrinted

Your Task Editor Widget has Allow adding tasks CHECKED. It should be NOT checked.

Hello,
I’ve implemented this awesome kitchen display and now I’m trying to customize the UI. What I would like to achieve is sth like @emre showed in the SambaPOS 5.1.62 Release thread (no need for the waitor’s queue although it would be nice thing to have in the future).
The problem is that I don’t really get the task printer template tags. I made some changes to the template shared by QMcKay:

This is what I get:
result
It does not interpret the tag anymore (after deleting the ++… line as do not need it)
However, when I delete these tags, it stops working altogether giving me this error:
result2

Where can I get some info on how to format the kitchen display card? Any help is much appreciated.
Thank you, stroodl

You need the “++ ...” line since it is the Task Name. You should not omit it.

Hey guys, I am sorry if this is somewhere here and it was me who didnt find it, but, does anyone else have trouble with orders sorting?

Whenever I add food the newest item comes first, however… if I add something to a table that had an order before it’ll just bump the old order up and kinda group them together (cards of one table one after another)

Card Sorting is controlled by the Task Editor Widget Settings. The DB Tools file has this set to display Oldest 1st, and Newest last (Ascending). A Kitchen should not want newest first and oldest last (Descending) because then the Cards get bumped downwards. But that is up to you.

Order Grouping is controlled by the Identifier in the Printer Template. The DB Tools file has (Id={NAME}-{ORDER UID}) which means each order is on a separate Card because the Identifier is unique per Order.

If you want Orders Grouped on a Card by say, Table Entity, then you could use something like (Id={ENTITY NAME:Table}) which would keep all Orders for a Table on a single Card.

The “Drink / Bar” display version of the Template I use has Identifier of (Id={DATE:yyyyMMddHHmmss}-{ENTITY NAME:Customer}-{ENTITY NAME:Table}) which Groups Orders on a Card by Entities and by Order Submission Time …

1 Like

I want it to work exactly as you said, Oldest 1st … however I followed the setup on manual configuration, for learning purposes… and I cant seem to make card sorting work. Do you have a screenshot available of Task Editor Settings?

If not I’ll import the DB Tool and check it.

Unfortunately no. I don’t use this anymore (Entity Screen with Widgets). I use an HTML/GQL version for my Order Displays.

But a few posts up, there is a sceenshot of the Widget Settings, where you can see the Sort Order is set to Descending. Check to make sure yours is instead set to Descending

Having issues with some states for the KDS.
which is giving me this issue

Tried with different printer template settings but not having much luck.
Pretty much want it to show all orders per ticket.
Below is my ticket template:
[LAYOUT]

{ORDERS}

[ORDERS]
++{TIME} {ENTITY NAME:Table} {ENTITY NAME:Customer}
(Id={ENTITY NAME:Customer}-{ENTITY NAME:Table})
<color White><bold><size 16><font Consolas>[=('{QUANTITY}'+'  ').substr(0,2)] {PRODUCT NAME}</font></size></bold></color>[='{PORTION}'=='' ? '' : '<font Consolas> <color #FF55FF33><size 14><italic>{PORTION}</italic></size></color></font>']
{SORTED ORDER TAGS}

<color White><bold><size 16><font Consolas>[=('{QUANTITY}'+'  ').substr(0,2)] {PRODUCT NAME}</font></size></bold></color>[='{PORTION}'=='' ? '' : '<font Consolas> <color #FF55FF33><size 14><italic>{PORTION}</italic></size></color></font>'] <bold> FREE</bold>
{SORTED ORDER TAGS}

<color White><bold><size 16><font Consolas>[=('{QUANTITY}'+'  ').substr(0,2)] {PRODUCT NAME}</font></size></bold></color>[='{PORTION}'=='' ? '' : '<font Consolas> <color #FF55FF33><size 14><italic>{PORTION}</italic></size></color></font>'] <bold> VOID</bold>
{SORTED ORDER TAGS}

[SORTED ORDER TAGS]
<size 14><color Yellow><font Consolas>    [=('{ORDER TAG QUANTITY}'>1 ? {ORDER TAG QUANTITY} : ' ')] {ORDER TAG NAME}</font></color></size>

Here is the rule for the Print Order below
And the Ticket Closing
This is the order of the rules

EDIT: Any Ideas?

Try this set of Rules instead, they seem to be a “more reliable” method for this…

Instead of using Order State Updated event, we use the Before Ticket Closing and Ticket Closing events.