Kitchen Display Hardware type/OS

Pleae can you kindly suggest what kind of kitchen Display I can use. And with what operating system. With pictures of possible.

What kind of kitchen display?
Most just just a small pc and a normal monitor?
Sorry not suite understanding, with samba, kitchen display is typically done on an entity screen in the samba program itself so a kitchen display is just a pc running samba with whatever screen you want.

Does a particular touch screen monitor is recommended? I´m asking this due to the kitchen enviorment. I´ve seen hardware from kitchen armor and Qsr, but I don´t know for sure

Its really up to you, if there are some actions kitchen staff need to take in order to complete the process, than touchscreen or a mouse will do.

Though, if your staff are not wearing gloves, I would go with a normal mouse instead.

Its preferable your hardware is oil, steam resistant and has good cooling.

One think for kitchen I would want to consider is posible preference for older resistive rather than capacitive, some capacitive in my experiance freak out if wet fingers leave residue on screen where old school screens are more resilient to it.

I use a 32’’ TV as screen with a pc and a numeric keypad to mark order as completed.

If you are planning maybe you should know we will be offering an android/IOS KDS app soon. There are several great android options out there.

SUNMI D2s KDS

I really like this companies Android KDS it will pair very well with our app.

These reasons are really selling me on them. I have a demo unit coming soon to look at.

Hello Jesse, can we get a taste of the upcoming app? Screenshots or feature list or something?
KD and waiter screen is what bothers me on my setup.
Thank you,
Ondra

Its a little too early but I think you will like it.

I have a client using these currently (albeit they are on some awful non-Samba software ;)) and can confirm they are absolutely un-killable.

Sunmi hardware is generally pretty epic, we use their handheld devices for stocktaking as well.

1 Like