Kitchen display will not display order

OK, I have a pizzeria with 4 Kitchen display screens. The order goes to 3 of the 4 stations. Once the items on the Kitchen display are fulfilled it is bumped to the next station. Once station number 3 is complete it will be bumped and appear at station 4 (Expo Station). Here it will be packaged and will be placed in the warmer for pick up. This is the work flow but I am having a problem having the items appear on the Kitchen display monitor.

This is a copy of the print job

[LAYOUT]
++{TICKET DATE} {TICKET TIME} {ENTITY NAME:Table} {ENTITY NAME:Customer}
(Id={TICKET NO}-{NAME}-{TICKET ID}-{TICKET UID})
(TID={TICKET ID})
{NOTE}
{ORDERS}

[ORDERS]

[=(’{QUANTITY}’>1 ? (’{QUANTITY}’+’ β€˜).substr(0,2) : ’ β€˜)] {PRODUCT NAME}
[=’{PORTION}’==’’ ? β€˜β€™ : ’ <color #FF55FF33><size 15>{PORTION}’]
{ORDER TAGS}

[ORDERS:Gift]
<size 30>[=(’{QUANTITY}’+’ β€˜).substr(0,2)] {PRODUCT NAME}[=’{PORTION}’==’’ ? β€˜β€™ : ’ <color #FF55FF33><size 14>{PORTION}’] FREE
{SORTED ORDER TAGS}

[ORDERS:Void]
++{ORDER TIME} {ENTITY NAME:Table} {ENTITY NAME:Customer}
(Id={ORDER NO}-{NAME}-{TICKET ID}-{ORDER KEY}-{ORDER UID})
(Color=#FF550000)
XXXXX VOID XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
[=(’{QUANTITY}’>1 ? (’{QUANTITY}’+’ β€˜).substr(0,2) : ’ β€˜)] {PRODUCT NAME}
[=’{PORTION}’==’’ ? β€˜β€™ : ’ <color #FF55FF33><size 17>{PORTION}’]
{SORTED ORDER TAGS}

[ORDER TAGS]
<size 20> [=(’{ORDER TAG QUANTITY}’>1 ? {ORDER TAG QUANTITY} : ’ ')] {ORDER TAG NAME}

[SORTED ORDER TAGS:Pizza Done Choice]
<size 14><color #FFCCCCFF> [=(’{ORDER TAG QUANTITY}’>1 ? {ORDER TAG QUANTITY} : ’ ')] {ORDER TAG NAME}

[SORTED ORDER TAGS:Pizza Cut Choice]
<size 14><color #FFCCFFCC> [=(’{ORDER TAG QUANTITY}’>1 ? {ORDER TAG QUANTITY} : ’ ')] {ORDER TAG NAME}

[SORTED ORDER TAGS:Pizza Cheese]
<size 14> [=(’{ORDER TAG QUANTITY}’>1 ? {ORDER TAG QUANTITY} : ’ ')] {ORDER TAG NAME}

[SORTED ORDER TAGS:Pizza EXTRAS Small]
<size 15><color #FF55FF55> [=(’{ORDER TAG QUANTITY}’>1 ? {ORDER TAG QUANTITY} : ’ ')] {ORDER TAG NAME}

[SORTED ORDER TAGS:Pizza EXTRAS Medium Whole]
<size 15><color #FF55FF55> [=(’{ORDER TAG QUANTITY}’>1 ? {ORDER TAG QUANTITY} : ’ ')] {ORDER TAG NAME}

[SORTED ORDER TAGS:Pizza EXTRAS Large Whole]

[SORTED ORDER TAGS:Condiments]
<size 14><color #FFFFCCCC> [=(’{ORDER TAG QUANTITY}’>1 ? {ORDER TAG QUANTITY} : ’ ')] {ORDER TAG NAME}

[SORTED ORDER TAGS:SideServings]
<size 14> [=(’{ORDER TAG QUANTITY}’>1 ? {ORDER TAG QUANTITY} : ’ β€˜)] [=’{ORDER TAG NAME}’.replace(β€˜SIDE β€˜,’’)]

This is a copy of the template for the kitchen display.

This is a copy of the print action for the kitchen display.

here is a copy of the rule.

Here is the update rule for the kitchen display.

last rule involved for the kitchen display.
I refreshed all stations including Kitchen display and no orders are appearing. What am I missing?

Are there any constraints on your ticket lister? Can you send a screenshot of those settings?

I don’t know if this is what you are asking for?

I mean the ticket lister you use as kitchen display screen

I took a shot of the Task as well.

I posted what i have on the kitchen display. I am using tasks not a ticket lister so to say. The task just lists the tickets as they come in.

I know it has to be something simple but I am just stumped on this one.

Sorry, I cant be of more help, I never built a KDS with tasks only with ticket listers. I didnt even know that was a thing until now :sweat_smile:

How do you clone the tasks? You might be experiencing the same issue with Samba v. 5.3.6 as I did, as described here: SambaPOS 5.3.6 Release - #19 by stroodl

He had an invalid printer tag in a custom constraint. all is good now.

Stroodl I helped build that setup. We do not clone any tasks. We create separate tasks for each screen but link automation to them by passing parameters through the task command options.

1 Like

Thank you for the additional info. How do you retrieve the existing task data to create the subsequent task? Or do you create all the tasks at once at the beginning (e.g. on ticket closing)?
I only need to create a waiter task once a kitchen task is finished. I’ve tried many options and ended up with add task action (I retrieve the just-finished kitchen task’s data with scripts). Works good but I feel it is not the best way to do it.
My personal best was a custom SQL stored procedure which cloned and altered the task as a new task type. It worked flawlessly but did not refresh the waiter task editor :confused:

Sorry for offtopic but it might be useful for others. Thank you.

We pass any data we need with fields created in the original task and passed through the command section of the widget. We then print new tasks with that data.

We are creating a new native kds app on android and iOS. So kds will not be a complicated thing to deploy soon.