Kitchen Display

Hi Kendash,

Now its OK. Will try the steps too…Thanks for the support… Now I think i can really work on this…

1 Like

@Santy we see this very often sometimes so much so it annoys us sometimes because we deal with it so much, but we understand the users really mean well and are genuinely just needing some help. Most issues with Tutorials not working and various examples not working for people always ends up being a simple mistake or not understanding the importance of following EVERY aspect of the tutorial down to spelling, punctuation, capitalization, and even structure. If yours looks different in any way typically you did something wrong.

I am glad you worked it out just remember in the future to pay special attention to the smaller details and look at every aspect of the tutorial to ensure yours matches up.

I said the statement above not directed at you but hoping someone else could benefit from understanding this crucial point. I personally love helping the community so I answer just about every question even the ones I feel might annoy me. Sometimes my answers challenge the person a little because if I can get them to understand the process vs just giving an answer I help them in the future with other things they may try. The stronger we make the community the stronger SambaPOS becomes.

1 Like

Yes I understand the concern and will take much more effort in this. Thankyou…

1 Like

Hi Kendash,

Hope you are fine. I have done all the settings and now kitchen display is working fine . The only thing is some old orders which were given cannot be deleted from "Waiter Screen’ . The newly added items are getting updated but the old ones are not being deleted. Can you please just help me to delete the current orders from “Waiter Screen”.

Thanks in Advance.

Show us your ticket lister settings.

Hi Kendash,

I have the setting of ticket listener. I think the setting is clear because the new orders which are created is working properly,only the problem is with the old orders. I just want to clear them.

Thanks in Advance…

Ok so can you now show your Rule with Actions and expand the actions for the Orders Served button.

Hi Kendash,

I have attached the following details…

So new added orders can be removed fine but you have few orders that stuck on kitchen display and not removing. Am I understanding right? Is it test data or production data?

Yes , thats right. already its working fine now but not able to delete the old ones. This is a production data. I have not created a sdf file for test.

So try temporarily clearing Ready state from Update Orders Display state action and put it back after clearing tickets.

Please do such modifications carefully and create backups before changing anything.

1 Like

I have implemented this per the tutorial above but have some errors/questions:

1. It seems if the ticket is marked as ready in the kitchen or bar but then it is voided it will get stuck on the waiter display screen.

I was thinking I could add a rule probably to payment close and set it to check the status but I am not sure how. Is there any known fix for this?

Because Void rule doesn’t update kitchen display state by default.
You have to add update order display state to void rule.

1 Like

Thanks sukasem! I added the update display to my void rule and it now works! You rock!

1 Like

It seems there is a potential flaw in this setup, atleast for me, I run a coffee shop and sometimes customers will pay right when they order.

Once it’s paid it disappears from the kitchen display. For me it would be ideal to show in the ticket lister widget orders that have not had the service tag updated regardless of the paid or unpaid state.

But since the widget looks at the paid or unpaid state it results in the order vanishing if it’s paid.

Then change it so it fits your work flow. Maybe create a new state for it to look at instead of Paid or Unpaid.

1 Like

Thanks kendash! I have done that and so far it is working, I will probably share my work flow for anyone else with a cafe, writing about it now.

One last thing I am noticing – randomly my kitchen displays are not updating. Sometimes they work beautifully but sometimes they don’t display new orders. If I change screens and go back to kitchen - voila.

It seems like the message server is not pushing things. I can see they are all connected and communicating to the message server (which is also the database).

Is this a known issue?

Could be network speed issue

Kendash - thanks. Some devices are on wireless and have ping spikes. It seems samba is not particularly functional in that type of scenario, I am going to change them to hard wired connections.

So I noticed one more potential issue with this setup, if a waiter voids one of the items in a ticket what has already been submitted/closed then it will still show up on the kitchen display even if it is voided in the system.

Is there any practical way to fix this? I was able to fix the paid/not paid issue with a custom state as you suggested.