KOT PRINT: I dont want KOT for retail sales and also I need KOT when send kitchen order

Hi,

My client is having a shop. The shop has some store items to sell and also they are selling fastfood items like fried rice,noodles and snacks like chat items…

now my question:
I have only one printer in the shop(thermal printer)

so customer need to sell the retails store items and also the kot print for kitchen in that same printer.

I changed the settings that “Kitchen PRINTER” and “Ticket printer” are pointing the same printer.

now the issue is when I close the ticket I m getting KOT print. its Good and need.

But when sell a retail store item with out any KOT related items…I am getting the KOT print slip along with the ticket print (by mentioning the same items).

which is waste print out for me for this process.

pls support me to do this properly.

I need KOT and retail store selling and print using same printer.

It explained here. Check kitchen printing and configuring bar items sections to configure kitchen printing by product group.

You set the ticket printer and kitchen printer to look at the same physical printer and then in the print job you map the kitchen order products so only they print into the kitchen order job/template.

Hi,
thanks for the reply.

But my requirment is little diffrent.
My kitchen orders or come out as a KOT bill when I close the ticket close button.

But my main problem is :
I configure as said above (1 printer for kot and ticket template)
when I do a sales only for store items I got the KOT .
Grouping of kitchen product is little difficult for me to handle in my architecure.
any other idea pls

You kot print job must have mapping for all products with a *
You need to constrain to kitchen orders using mapping.

‘Grouping of kitchen product is little difficult for me to handle in my architecure.
any other idea pls’

Your being quite vague, without more information as to why it’s difficult and what special about your architecture.
I’m not and unlikely others will just keep offering ideas for them to be said it won’t work with your setup!

The above way is the standard way with mapping product or product group within the print job. There is usually another way round anything but need more info from you.

WHY DOESNT MAPPIG WORK?

Hi ,

I will explain:

My database master item names are taking from another database server (that db is ERP database which has all item details)

there data is grouped by 3 .
1.Bakery items
2.sweet items.
3.store items

so i need to follow those in POS also.

here bakery items having fastgood items.
sweet has other chat items
store items has packed food items and also chocolates and all…

so the guest can take any item from this group to eat in outlet and he can order and takesome other items with the same bill.

so I cant group which may confuse the architecture.

can I try with an automation command to create a Button called KOT ,…

pls support

You could use order states in some way I expect, however surly a kitchen order will be something which needs preparing or at least order sent to kitchen regardless of wether it’s eaten in or taken out?
If I’m understanding that right you could just tag as eat in or eat out?

Hi,

Hope i need to explain with example.

The customer has a food retail outlet with few tables for eat-in.
he has 2 counters in lan.

both counters can print bill and collect money.

Guests to the shop can eat-in and buy some food items and cooldrinks and eat there it self.
its KOT based. so he may eat items and take away from table itself.
the take away items can be any items in the shop.(so I ant gorup it)

and another scenario a guest can directly come to the counter and buy the items and go away.this should be with out kot. because those items are readily available in counter.(like chocolates,bread,bun…)

so IN THE NORMAL RETAIL SELLING BILL PRINT ,when i point our the KOT PRINTER AS A TICKET PRINTER I AM GETTING THE MAIL BILL AND ALSO WITH KOT BILL.
WHICH IS THE UNWANTED PRINTOUT FOR EACH BILL.

FYI. THE CUSTOMER SELLING 30% OF kot ITEMS AND 70% IS SELLING AT COUNTER ITSELF.

PLS GUIDE ME HOW TO CONFIGURE .

Sorry, its been almost a month since we talked about this, im not following very well.
In short if I am following eat in or take out is erelevent, your taking about what orders are sent to kitchen and which ones arent?

Your example is a little confusing. Do you mean a regular food item that normally prints to kitchen (like Hamburger) can already be available in counter and shouldn’t print?

Hi,

let me put in detail…

my customer has a shop which has 30%of kitchen items like fried rice,fried chicken etc.

he also selling chocolates,bread and cakes.(70%)

1. for eat fried rice …chicken items people will sit in the table (its a corner part of the shop) and they will order food items from the table which is standard KOT orders from table. waiter can take kot.

2. 70% of the other shop items can be sell to guests. who directly come to counter with items with out going to tables(even they can order for fried rice ,chicken items as takeaway with out KOT).

its a small kitchen in side the corner of the shop.

there is 2 counters both are selling 70% of retail food items and also 30% of the table order items.

so i designed the KOT printer to point out as ticket printer. So there is no kitchen printer separtly…the counter printer should print the kot and it will show to the cook by waiter and order will be on hold mode)

everything is fine with sambapos …

one big issue is for me is when counter person prints the bill for retail70% food items ( which should be with out KOT ) they are getting kot print out for each bill.

pls guide me how to do it.

as said already the guests who sit in the table can order any items in the same shop which should be consider as KOT.

so the requirement is when the counter person bills for retails item for the guest who are all directly come to the counter (not sitting in table) should not get the kot bill when print a bill.

hope some action code can do this …

pls support

There might be different solutions and you’ll be able to find best solution for customers need. While reading I thought… skipping Kitchen print if no table selected might be a solution.

This expression will skip action if no table is selected.

'{ENTITY NAME:Tables}' != ''
1 Like

Dear emre,
thanks its working for normal bills.

but I m missing the KOT print now.

ie. when I press close button at Ticket screen(main screen) I was getting KOT.
now in this method KOT print is not coming.

pls guide me …how to get the KOT print.

When you assign a table to ticket it will print.

1 Like

I have create the ticket after selecting the TABLE …
so
KOT is not printing

KOT should print when I press close in ticket screen right

Did you copy the exact same expression? Can you show a screenshot of the rule where you put that expression like Emre showed you?

Maybe also confirm your entity name, are you using the default Tables entities?

1 Like

Your entity type is still named Tables right?