Lag When creating or opening ticket

Enable Settings > Terminals > Auto Logout setting instead. That will be ideal setup when multiple users works on single terminal. That setting was what I meant with auto logout. When you remove users “enter navigation screen” permission they will see Tickets screen as soon as then login and logoff when they close the ticket. (Unless you navigate user to somewhere else on ticket close)

Logout User action also contains “Reset Cache” setting so you can choose to reset cache or not.

1 Like

Ahh so I think thats what im looking for… I did have reset cache in my action set to true so I changed this to false. Ill see if this makes a difference.

Does this apply if you use the auto logout setting?

@antasp3136 do you have an update about this? We should finalize it as solved or keep discussion alive as it is created as a V5 Issue.

When Auto Logout setting used it does not clears caches when it automatically logouts.

1 Like

I’m still getting the user to test it out… they have noticed a slight improvement tho.

Did you deleted unused widgets and did other fixes I suggested?

Yes other than the auto logout. I have a time based logout so I just changed the option to clear the cache on the log off action to false.

So for an update changing the reset cache to false of the logout action fixed my speed issues. My guess is that since I have a timer based auto logoff it was resting the cache after ever time that rule executed. When the user would log back in it had to update the cache on that machine with whatever they were doing. This was definitely noticeable when going from screen to screen after each login.

1 Like

Well, it seems that the lagging may not be fully solved… it is better but there is still a noticeable lag… i think ive narrowed it down to when closing a ticket i have a rule to show a entity screen so that it always goes back to the main ticket entry screen. I think this is where my slowness is coming from. while watching the task manager i notice the cpu jump up from 2 to 5% up to like 30 or 50% when switching screens. Ram and HDD activity seem stable its mostly just the cpu that is jumping. Any idea why it could be doing this?.. also what matters most for samba terminals… cpu… ram or hard drive for performance?.. because i can run this on my i5 laptop with 8gigs of ram and a ssd and it seems to perform much better… i have a feeling the i3 just may be under performing a bit. The i3 is also integrated intel graphics so im not sure if that has anything do with it since its switching screens maybe the cpu is getting hit because of the graphics with the screen change.

Any I type intel should be enough at least for a terminal. I have systems with core2duo as server hosting sql and as a terminal without issues.

You say its on an entity screen your getting lag, do you mean to show a formatted entity grid? if so its more likely a element in your formatting template as remember this is ran seperatly for each entity on the screen so a more complex reporting tag to give a figure on an entity grib button would need to run many times to do the values for all the entities…

SSD is first thing I would try if you were looking to change anything, think it mainly counts on the server/SQL hosting machine but as ram and hdd being the only two upgradable options (easily at least).
Plug you can see if ram is being maxed out easily, a normal hdd to good sdd is a big difference - how much for just a terminal I cant say but sertainly speeds windows up :slight_smile:

Im also running the sql server in a hyperv vm… There seems to be no lag on the host or the vm.

Sorry? Can you explain;

Ive only ever used VMs to either run windows on my mac with vmware or run multiple OS with vSaphire where the actual machine doesnt run any of the hosted os nativly (all vmachines and you access via repote vm client)

Im running windows 10 pro with hyperv installed and in the hyperv i have a windows 10 pro host that is running the sql 2014 express database. The host machine is running a i5 processor with 16 gigs of ram and two ssd, one for the host os and the other ssd is where the vhdx file is store for the vm. The vm is configured to run with 8 gigs of ram and 4 processing cores. The system never lag or has issues. The host machine also has 2 gigabit nics, One is dedicated to the vm. The reason ive done this is because if the host dies i have backups of the vm exported daily and if something happens i can just get the server vm up and running within seconds on another pc.

Crikey, ok, fair enough.
Spec wise there shouldn’t be an issue from what you have said.

Do you get the same lag if you use samba on the vm machine (sql server)?