Latest Install and Upgrades

another hotel in the group now switched to samba.

Fixed terminal and tablet for bar, fixed terminal and tablet for lounge/restaurant.

New wifi aps for tablets covering bar, restaurant and terrace.

3 foxed terminal for wedding venue bar but not in place yet since venue out of action for now with current situation.

Updated NewBook booking system intergration to include over 80 rooms slread across the two hotels they have in that town allows room charges to be posted to the other hotel by creating multiple charges in system - itemised charges for correct wet/dry split then transfer coded credit and recharge to the other hotel to keep accounts inline.

First install to include my new eSign system for resident room posts.

Is part of a tablet upgrade/extention across the group including a total of 7 tablets between 3 hotels in the group.

9 Likes

What tablets are you using?

Dell Venue Pro 11 7140
Tidy, i5m cpu 4gb 128gb
Like them as they have a dock available.
Not available new, they are all used/refurb.
Battery life is OK, othing special, little on the heavy side but run my setup with all its custom automation very nicely vs those all in one J1900 terminals the hotel already had which are not very snappy with samba and my setup.

Amazing setup, probably would have cost the hotel a lot more to go with a “name brand” solution.

Yer, they got a pretty good deal.

Nice, how much do you charge for a setup like that?

Its not my typical setup, usually use separate touch screen and USFF PC using refurb hardware at around ÂŁ500-600 per terminal. They supplied most of the hardware as I work for the hotel group as IT manager also however there was allot of customisation so made my money there.