Lets start a new Samba Android Client

I wanna share my idea to develop an Samba Pos client for Android to make orders from mobile.
Anyone who wanna partecipate?

1 Like

Interested but your looking to recreate the whole samba software in an app,
There is allot more than just creating a ticket and adding orders, you have to think about transaction tables etc also.
Once the APIs within samba can provide a reliable way to create tickets etc… You would probably have better luck m/easier time and treat the app like a ecomerse website generating an array which is passed into samba for samba scripting to breakdown and process the ticket etc.

1 Like

You might want to wait if it’s not a high priority because next version may be more friendly with latest tech and tools. I don’t mean next version of 5 so it might be a bit but I would hate for you to spend resources developing something and then find out a new version of Sambapos does what you need.

But on the other hand we could always use good ideas so please do share your ideas!

3 Likes

Hi

I try to create one android app which communicate with samba pos
It is order system which is create new order and update order if table change colour then it will show in that way.

Here is some screen shots

6 Likes

Seems to be pretty nice. Great job.

1 Like

how do you create this

THIS IS BASIC KIND OF THINGS IF SOME POS DEVELOPER HELP ME THEN I ABLE TO CREATE AWESOME APP.

:grinning: :grinning: :grinning: :grinning: :grinning:

Is it actually working or are those mockups?

2 Likes

That was going to be my question but can’t see having menu etc as ‘simple’
I went on presumption of mock ups or a seperate interface mimicking samba.
If not would be intrigued to know more.

1 Like

Actually
I created Web api for intermediate of pos and app
Other thing is it works very well with order system and also print in kitchen

It is only requirement so I created that much

If any other requirement then I am able create that part and add in to application

3 Likes

So you created web api for interface between android app and the SQL database?
Your inserting orders directly into the database?
How does this trigger print in kitchen, is the app sending the print rather than samba?

Hi

Actually I am integrate with version 3 because I have version 3 code

Whole process
I create Web api with communities with app and pos and setup in local server

When you setup ip in app
It has options to download menu and table

Once it down load it show all current order,
Book table means continue order,

When you create new order it show right side menu and left side order screen

When order Complete it has button place order

When you place order, order will transfer to web service and Web services has put entry in data base

Other part of application is one event will call continues and it fetch new order which are not print

When it find new order it will printed new order in kitchen

This hole process and I have no new versions code so I will create in version 3

Other thing is it support all versions but need to upgrade some part of application

3 Likes

It is actually running.

1 Like

Is your app compatible with current SambaPOS v5? Is your app available to the public?

Will there be a chance to try

Can i use it with https://mobilerecorder24.com/ mobile recorder together on Android?

To do what? Please give details. I wouldn’t expect it to be linked but looks like a background app anyway…