Licence activation

Hi @JTRTech,

I have just purchased a licence for Samba POS v5 PRO on behalf of someone else. I tried activating it on the POS using my account but the system keeps saying that it is unregistered.

Can you please indicate which user / pass am I supposed to be using to activate the licence on the POS and some instructions.

Note that the licence email (my client) is different from the account email (mine)

Thanks
Chris

The username is the email in which the license is attached to. Use that one.

You should be using the email address that you provided to the reseller as the CLIENT to activate the license because the reseller will use that to set up the cp for you.

@Chris_Cascun
Apologies, I have been on the road today and only just got back into office so have not yet been able to sort your account.
Have just tried but samba system it isnt accepting the new customer.
Have you already got an account with this email.

You need to have separate account per licence, ie I would setup a samba account using the email provided for the licence.
Samba panel does not give any reason for not creating new customer and have tested by creating a dumy account sp cpanel is working.

What account are you trying to activate using? I havenot created one with the client email yet as samba not letting me, are you able to login with that email? If so you already have an account.

@Chris_Cascun I figured out the problem, for some reason Samba cp site wanted more numbers than you provided after setting the country code in the seperate field. So I put the country code in the actual number part and it accepted.
I have now created your client account and allocated a licence for it.
You should have received an email to that address with the generated password.
Apologies for the delay.

@Tayfun this was a validation issue, the telephone number field obviously has a length validation which was less than this customers number is once the country code is separated into the separate field for that.
The issue there is either the minimum length needs reducing and/or a prompt to signify that that is the issue. I was getting no error prompt like you get for required fields.
Also please if possible tayfun are you able to delete/remove the ‘dummy’ account I created while testing the site? The company is 1234 in my reseller customers list for JTR Solutions.

I reported this to Tayfun before, he told me it was fixed but yes I also notice it now just doesn’t show an error message but still will not accept the number.

1 Like

OK I will check it again

It’s fixed now. Please try to add again.

Ok it will be deleted today

1 Like

Thanks for feedback. Issue has been resolved. I managed to activate the license

2 Likes