Licence Issue no internet access

Just checked there now and its unregistered again.
This was only activated last night after i sent @emre a copy of my database

@jay007 can you create a new sambamarket.com account and PM me your new & old account names? I’ll try moving your V5 license to a different account.

Ok i have done this, hopefully it will sort it.

I’m asking just to be ensure. You’re logging in to windows always with same windows user account name, right?

I created a license for your new account. You can try enabling it with your new account name.

Yes there is only one user on the till.
Will activate it later tonight when we open.
Thank you.

I’m using 5.1.59. Haven’t upgraded yet and will hold off given the experience listed above.

To confirm I don’t change databases or go into training modal at all. Am using sql express on a Windows 10 laptop as a server. The POS is running on two dell Windows tablets also running Windows 10.

Happy to provide an extract from my system as well if that will help resolve.

It has gone unregistered again this morning.
It seems to happen every day now when I reopen sambapos.
(system is shutdown overnight)

@jay007 you have a table named ProgramSettingValuesds in your backup but that table does not belongs to SambaPOS. Do you have any idea about how it is used?

I cannot remember exactly why I duplicated that table, but I will delete it now.

Deleting it now will not help but license related stuff stored there. I wondered if ProgramSettingValues table changes for a reason. Can you check if AppKey value stored in ProgramSettingValues table changes when it drops to unregistered? It renews when you clear license keys but should remain unchanged.

Yes when It goes unregistered the AppKey has changed from the day before.
When I re activate the AppKey does not change.

I guess its the AppKey changing at boot up every morning that is causing it to become unregistered?

Are you using Backup Database action or did you configured a kind of automatic backup?

I was using the built in database Backups.

Disabling this seems to have solved the issue, It has been fine almost a week now so It seems the backup is what was causing it.

When I went to disable the backups I noticed a significant delay accessing the backup settings (Over 1 minute) as you can see below.

SQL Express is running locally so It is not a network issue. Any ideas what could cause this lag?

Is the backup location a network drive?

Backup location is a USB/Flash drive. I’m going to switch backup to local drive and see if it makes any difference.

1 Like

Did this work for you ? Problem happened to us again last night.

Yes changing the backup location to local C drive seems to have fixed it.

Our backup location is a network drive as well. So I’ll make the same change and see if it stops the problem.

Thanks for the quick response.

That happens because shutting down SambaPOS before backup operation completes. It is a background operation but if it takes too long because of backing up to a network location of flash drive the chance of shutting down SambaPOS before it completes increases. I’ll take care of it on next update. (.61) Until it releases you can prefer backing up to local drive.

2 Likes