Listing items of a set meal

Does anyone know how to display items of a set meal on ticket. I know you can use order tags but it means i have to select the items manually rather than have them prelisted once i select the set meal.

I have been trying to figure something out for the last 2 weeks without any luck. Any ideas anyone, much help is appreicated.

You mean a set meal of a list of specific products?

Exactly that JTRTech. Any ideas?

If you have all the products setup how about making an additional one for set menu.
Then a rule for order added where product name is SET MENU 1
Then a string of add order actions adding the products of that set menu.
You could probably even set the set menu product to the price of the set menu and set the option on the add order action of Calculate Price to False so only the set menu price of those orders is charged.
Or the product name could be Set Menu 1 Discount with negative price of the difference of the normal products and the set menu price.
Either way you would run the posability of staff abusing the setup…

That just went over my head. LOL. Can you show an example with screen shots please? be much appreciated.

No you can set it to Auto Select order tags.

3 Likes

Oh, yer, forgot that one :slight_smile: if your happy with order tags and dont need to be able to tag the individual items from the set menu with things like no onions etc that would work well.

As stated in my initial post i have used order tags but they dont work well, for one i need to list the items in the set menu on each line on the ticket. Is this possible using order tags?

Action to Add Order to Ticket:

Rule to detect Order Added, and subsequently add Coffee Order:

1 Like

Defining constraint as …

Menu Item Name    Matches    Breakfast Bagel|Omlette Wrap|ect..

… should also work as it will allow partial matches but listing all of them like that might be better for reading.

@QMcKay, emre did exactly same as your screen but all that gets printed is the product name without the items listed below it.

Also tried your way but doesnt work.

Im i missing some pre settings?

Got some screenshots?
Maybe a picture of your printout?

I have changed constraints to “Matches” but still no good.

[LAYOUT]
-- General layout
<T>Ticket
<L00>Date:{TICKET DATE}
<L00>Time:{TIME}
{ENTITIES}
<L00>Ticket No:{TICKET NO}
<F>-
{ORDERS}
<F>=
<EB>
{DISCOUNTS}
[<J10>Total Gift:|{ORDER STATE TOTAL:Gift}]
{SERVICES}
<J10>Total:|{TICKET TOTAL}
{PAYMENTS}
<DB>
<F>=
<C10>T H A N K   Y O U

[DISCOUNTS]
<J00>{CALCULATION NAME} %{CALCULATION AMOUNT}|{CALCULATION TOTAL}

[SERVICES]
<J00>{CALCULATION NAME}|{CALCULATION TOTAL}

[PAYMENTS]
<J00>{PAYMENT NAME}|{PAYMENT AMOUNT}

[ORDERS]
-- Default format for orders
<J00>- {QUANTITY} {NAME}|{TOTAL PRICE}
{ORDER TAGS}

[ORDERS:Gift]
-- Format for gifted orders
<J00>- {QUANTITY} {NAME}|**GIFT**
{ORDER TAGS}

[ORDERS:Void]
-- Nothing will print for void lines

[ORDER TAGS]
-- Format for order tags
<J00> * {ORDER TAG NAME} | {ORDER TAG PRICE}

[ENTITIES:Table]
-- Table entity format
<L00>Table: {ENTITY NAME}

[ENTITIES:Customer]
-- Customer entity format
<J00>Customer: {ENTITY NAME} | {ENTITY DATA:Phone}

This is what im trying to achieve.

Set Meal A 6.8
Tea
Roast Duck Boiled Rice
Pineapple Bun

OK, Sorry guys. i have realised that my set up is done in the wrong way. The items should have been put in the actions and the rules set to set meal A. All working now.

Thanks guys for the help. Really appreciated it.

I still need further work to make it look good. I have noticed the price gets printed for the items, i have zeroed the them out i.e ÂŁ0.00 but gets in the way on the ticket. Is there a way to remove it?

Using [ ] square brackets arround a tag should not show tags without value, but not sure if it’s blank or 0 value but worth a try, think it should work.
Put the square brackets arround the total price tag on the orders line.