Loading a Ticket via Customer Tickets Screen from Custom Navigation Crashes

Hey, Everyone!

I just installed 5.60 and noticed that if I start Samba and try to access a ticket from the Customer Tickets screen directly by way of a Custom Navigation menu as my first action upon software load, Samba crashes. As long as I first load a ticket from the Tables screen, then I have no problem accessing tickets from the Customer Tickets screen by way of the Navigation Menu afterward. I tested this by disallowing Custom Navigation and then loading the software and going to POS>Customer Tickets and it works fine.

The error I get is “Object reference not set to an instance of an object.”

No emergencies on my end as far as trying to figure this out. Just putting it out there in case there may be a real bug that might need to be addressed.

Thanks again, as always.

Cheers!

1 Like

It works fine I use it all the time. You are not leaving open tickets are you? Also showing us the actual error log helps us see what is really happening.

Screenshots and better explanation might help us as well.

For example what do you mean by access a ticket directly by way of a Custom Navigation Menu?

1 Like

It just started happening after I updated yesterday. And again, it only happens if the first thing I do upon program load is try to access a Customer Ticket from the Customer Tickets screen by way of a custom Navigation Menu, not from the default Navigation menu.

Here’s some screenshots.

I load the POS fresh on one of the 7 terminals we have. Tickets have been entered elsewhere on other terminals. A staff member goes to a terminal that hasn’t been used yet and goes to the Custom Navigation Menu which has a button that goes directly to the Customer Tickets screen.

They try to click on a ticket and get the following error:

Here’s the text of the Detailed Report:

-----------------------------
[General Info]

Application: SambaPOS
Version:     5.1.60
Region:      en
DB:          SQ
Machine:     R5D4
User:        roy
Date:        11/18/2016
Time:        01:02

User Explanation:

roy said ""

[Exception Info 1]

Top-level Exception
Type:        System.NullReferenceException
Message:     Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
Source:      Samba.Modules.EntityModule
Stack Trace: at Samba.Modules.EntityModule.EntitySelectorViewModel.OnSelectEntityExecuted(EntityScreenItemViewModel obj)
   at Microsoft.Practices.Prism.Commands.DelegateCommand`1.<>c__DisplayClass6.<.ctor>b__2(Object o)
   at Microsoft.Practices.Prism.Commands.DelegateCommandBase.Execute(Object parameter)
   at Microsoft.Practices.Prism.Commands.DelegateCommandBase.System.Windows.Input.ICommand.Execute(Object parameter)
   at MS.Internal.Commands.CommandHelpers.CriticalExecuteCommandSource(ICommandSource commandSource, Boolean userInitiated)
   at System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.ButtonBase.OnClick()
   at System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.ToggleButton.OnClick()
   at System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.ButtonBase.OnMouseLeftButtonUp(MouseButtonEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.OnMouseLeftButtonUpThunk(Object sender, MouseButtonEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Input.MouseButtonEventArgs.InvokeEventHandler(Delegate genericHandler, Object genericTarget)
   at System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs.InvokeHandler(Delegate handler, Object target)
   at System.Windows.RoutedEventHandlerInfo.InvokeHandler(Object target, RoutedEventArgs routedEventArgs)
   at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.ReRaiseEventAs(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args, RoutedEvent newEvent)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.OnMouseUpThunk(Object sender, MouseButtonEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Input.MouseButtonEventArgs.InvokeEventHandler(Delegate genericHandler, Object genericTarget)
   at System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs.InvokeHandler(Delegate handler, Object target)
   at System.Windows.RoutedEventHandlerInfo.InvokeHandler(Object target, RoutedEventArgs routedEventArgs)
   at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseTrustedEvent(RoutedEventArgs args)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEvent(RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean trusted)
   at System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessStagingArea()
   at System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessInput(InputEventArgs input)
   at System.Windows.Input.InputProviderSite.ReportInput(InputReport inputReport)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.ReportInput(IntPtr hwnd, InputMode mode, Int32 timestamp, RawMouseActions actions, Int32 x, Int32 y, Int32 wheel)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.FilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, WindowMessage msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.InputFilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

[Assembly Info]

mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0
Samba.Services, Version=1.0.0.0
Samba.Domain, Version=1.0.0.0
Samba.Infrastructure.Data, Version=1.0.0.0
System.ComponentModel.Composition, Version=4.0.0.0
System.Core, Version=4.0.0.0
PresentationCore, Version=4.0.0.0
DevExpress.Xpf.LayoutControl.v14.1, Version=14.1.13.0
System.Xml, Version=4.0.0.0
DevExpress.Xpf.Grid.v14.1, Version=14.1.13.0
System, Version=4.0.0.0
DevExpress.Xpf.Grid.v14.1.Core, Version=14.1.13.0
WindowsBase, Version=4.0.0.0
System.Xaml, Version=4.0.0.0
PresentationFramework, Version=4.0.0.0
Samba.Infrastructure, Version=1.0.0.0
Microsoft.Practices.Prism, Version=4.0.0.0
System.Runtime.Serialization, Version=4.0.0.0
Microsoft.Practices.Prism.MefExtensions, Version=4.0.0.0
DevExpress.Xpf.Core.v14.1, Version=14.1.13.0
Samba.Presentation.Services, Version=1.0.0.0
System.Windows.Forms, Version=4.0.0.0
System.Drawing, Version=4.0.0.0
Stateless, Version=1.0.0.0
Samba.Persistance, Version=1.0.0.0
PropertyTools, Version=2012.4.14.1
Samba.Localization, Version=1.0.0.0
ReachFramework, Version=4.0.0.0
EntityFramework, Version=6.0.0.0
FluentValidation, Version=3.4.0.0
Omu.ValueInjecter, Version=2.3.0.0
Microsoft.Practices.ServiceLocation, Version=1.0.0.0
Microsoft.CSharp, Version=4.0.0.0

[System Info]

Operating System
-Microsoft Windows 10 Home
--CodeSet = 1252
--CSDVersion = 
--CurrentTimeZone = -360
--FreePhysicalMemory = 13032640
--OSArchitecture = 64-bit
--OSLanguage = 1033
--ServicePackMajorVersion = 0
--ServicePackMinorVersion = 0
--Version = 10.0.14393

Machine
-R5D4
--Manufacturer = ASUSTeK Computer Inc.
--Model = K53SD
--TotalPhysicalMemory = 16945045504
--UserName = r5d4\roy

Here’s the Automation Command screens:

The steps to recreate are very specific (at least on my end) as mentioned above. Must be a fresh program load, must click on Customer Tickets from Custom Navigation screen, then must try to load a ticket from the Customer Tickets screen that shows up.

1 Like

Show that Customer Tickets screen. Is it a Custom/Layout Screen, Automatic Screen, or Search Screen?

The Customer Tickets screen is the second screenshot that I showed in my previous post that has the error popup on it. It’s not a custom screen, it’s the default Customer Tickets screen, however it doesn’t have the “Tables, Customer Search, Customer Tickets” buttons that normally show up at the top of the screen when accessed from the default POS button on the default Navigation screen. When accessed from the Custom Navigation “Customer Tickets” button, it doesn’t show the “Tables, Customer Search, Customer Tickets” buttons for whatever reason.

@emre I can reproduce this error, even in the .61 Beta, so it is something that needs a look into.

Changing Category to V5 Issue.

3 Likes

@royh That should work fine on next update. Thank you very much for reporting and testing that.

2 Likes