Logout User action

I did the above, and what it did was close the ticket in mid use, which has now put it in my list of open tickets.

It may be that the screen wasn’t being used for 30 seconds, but sometimes we get customers that do take a lot longer than that to choose. So maybe I should change one of the timings to much higher, say 300 seconds?

Edit: I changed AL Screen Changeto 120 seconds which has solved everything for me.

Ill change what I wrote above to help anyone else who needs the same as me.

1 Like

Can someone check the new code I have added above because it still seems to log me out when I’m mid transaction. I must have missed something?

Matt

You need a way to disable the timer when a new ticket created. So use Ticket Created or Ticket Opened event and put that automation command in it with 0 for seconds.

1 Like

Ok cool, ill get on that tomorrow.

Im pretty sure i know sort of what I’m doing now…

1 Like

Sometimes I intentionally get less detailed with replies its kind of my own sinister way to challenge you :stuck_out_tongue:

We need more @QMcKay’s, @kendash’s, @RickH’s, @JohnS’s so we are training you and you dont even know it hahaha.

2 Likes

I like learning like that, I’m not in for the next 2 days so will probably have a go at it on sunday. Id prefer to have it done for Saturday but that MAY not be possible.

Ill let you know! :slight_smile:

im stuck.

Rule Name AL Ticket Created

Event Name: Ticket Created

No Custom Constraints

Actions: AL Execute Automation Command

delayseconds: 0

Im obviously missing the constraints, but don’t know what to put there?

Matt

No constraints needed just name the command the same name as the other one.

gonna have to roll back the training a bit… its not sinking in

The automation command your executing should be the same one. You do not need any constraints.
What you showed is correct no constraints.

Just put command value as true for the other one. And the rule that has the log out action put constraint command value equals true.

You should get used to using variables in actions.

So this is how it is…

Trying to do this with no sleep for 2 days is proving difficult lol, only another 11 hours to go and I can go to bed.

I cant wait to get my lightbulb moment, cos its not working for me so far.

Your first rule the ticket created you have to put the cmd name. So put Al autologout for AMC Name

1 Like

that makes sense, ok… my knowledge in this just had a lightbulb moment.

I will win this :smiley:

that didn’t do it :frowning:

Value should not be true for the ticket created rule. Only for your original rule that fired it.

Think about it. If set true that means fire action. You don’t want action fired you just want command delay reset.

So for the action in your ticket created rule take out cmdvalue leave it blank.

Set matches all on your 2nd rule that fires the action.

bah we open now, ill have to carry on tomorrow lol. I think ill check over it again when I have a clear head. it been a LOOOONG day! :smile:

Appreciate the help, I will return!

Matt

2 Likes

Just to say I’ve fixed the problems I was having. Deleted everything and started from scratch this morning and found that YES I did have a typo from the onset.

Here is why:

[=(TN('{DATE:HH}')*60*60+TN('{DATE:mm}')*60+TN('{DATE:ss}'))-TN('{SETTING:ALtime}')+1] *Greater* 5

I was actually putting in the *Greater* 5 and including the ‘Greater’ 5 also… what a prune I am!

Anyway, all works fine now.

Thought I would add this just incase there are anyone else who is as silly as me :smiley:

2 Likes

Is 1 second the minimum delay? Have been working on some setups which are validating login/ticket opening (user to only be able to login one terminal at a time and a ticket can only be opened at one terminal at a time.
Both require a close ticket on ticket open or a logout on login if the constraints are met.
Have tried 0.5 but less than 1 doesnt seem to work.
Have tried to mask the delay by putting the ask question first (so it logs out behind) but is ask question exceeds the delay it action doesnt fire.

When i experimented with the delay 1 second was the minimum that would allow other processes to complete before auto logging out correctly. I also troed 0.5 but that didnt work, 1 second seems to work perfect :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ok thanks :smile:
I might try and change the ‘check’ to the settle/payment type buttons so can be opened more than once but can’t be settled :smile:
Not sure how to work arround to stop user logging in twice…