Looking for advice on happy hour setup along with discounts

Hi guys,

I have a specific setup I would like to create however cannot find an exact solution to the problem on the forum and would appreciate some pointers.

1. I want to have happy hour (HH) promo but the deal is buy 1 get 1 free. Right now, the staff are using the gift feature to manually give one free, however I would like this to be automated somewhat to have better control over what gets given out. I read through info about doing HH but everything I can find is generally just about value discounts.

2. I have membership setup using an entity and following parts of SambaCard tutorials. There will be a few different levels of membership (e.g. bronze, silver, gold, etc.) each with a different % discount which will be on all drinks (excluding HH), all food except combos. So need to be able to only discount specific products / groups. Right now I have got discounts working but just by storing a discount % as custom data on the entity, and it is being applied to the whole ticket. I did this following part of the Staff Discount tutorial here Rick's Tutorial 6 - Staff Discount (can also duplicate for customer entity too).

3. As mentioned in point 2, discounts should not be available on any HH products during the HH period.

Thanks! :smile:

Simple solution.
Make a product category with HH items Like I did Stella Artois 1=2 and in the multiplier add 2 (2 EA will be booked of the stock)