Lost Licence Activtion , Open in 30 Mins

The machine on which you are activating must have an internet connection so you can login using the link on the top-right. Without internet, you cannot login, so you cannot activate.

Once activation is successful, you can logout using the same link in the top-right, and disconnect from internet.

yes the machine has internet.

Physically logging in is no problem at all, I can log in but it will not activate.

I have removed the key manaully from the database again and as soon as i log on samba market the key value is inserted into the db table ok.

But it is still not activating or restoring either,

Again even after clear key the key it inserts is always the same. can you confirm that is correct.

so this time with me deleting the db line I loaded samba and clicked install,.

It then had the activate button instead of clicking it I logged in and as soon as I logged in then activate was greyed out and still unregistered , reloaded, rebooted , still unregistered.

Never once messing with database for activation. I use RDP as well.

Normally I would not alter the Db directly but when I am running out of all other things I have no more ideas,

Removing the licence key line from dbo.AddonLicenses is the only thing that gives me the slightest change but as soon as I log into samba market it re populates with the same key regardless of a clear key from the main samba site

Also please remember that this is not a new activation issue, Its been fine for over a week until this afternoon when it just unregistered itself

Okay quick question, on what portal are you clearing the license key?

I recently found out that the new B2B portal is not clearing well the license and causes this issue of not re-activating.

But you can still log in on old https://www.sambamarket.com/ portal and there it’ll clear everything as it should, then just log back in and install the license and activate.

1 Like

Im using https://b2b.sambapos.com

let me try sambamarket.com

Thanks for the new lead

If I have to be really honest and say I am less than impressed.

I think the product has always been so good since V2 days when I started using it and also recommending it around the world. My job puts me in some strange places all over the world.

I have recently been telling everyone how I bought the license not only to make sure I get all the latest features but to support all the work,

To go through all this today to solve the issue using an old site I dont think is professional.

I have to say the support from everyone is superb though and I was correct that the licence was not changing when it cleared. I can now confirm that a new key is in the database.

Will this stop me using samba 
 No but I really am a bit annoyed.

HUGE thanks to sabata for solving the issue.

As far as the new site not clearing the license I really think that needs solving sooner rather than later.

No idea how this even happened but at least if it happens to someone else they can find a solution.

use sambamarket url to release key.

Thanks again just a shame on the first day I went live at this customers I ended up back on v2.

I will redo all I have undone today and luckily they are an long standing customer of mine. Not sure if I will get any of my others to upgrade yet though, Time will tell.

SOLVED Thanks

2 Likes

Sure you don’t have two accounts then?
As far as I understand sambamarket.com and the b2b site are completely seperate.
Sambamarket you sign in with username and b2b you sign in with email and generated password

Sure that not why it was not resetting? Because you were using on in samba and resetting in another account?

When you register a client on B2B the same account and password will work on sambamarket.

I already had communicated this issue to Tayfun about license having issues with clearing on new site.

@elitekarting I understand you feel a bit frustrated with what happened, and I am sorry I didn’t notice your post before! But SambaPOS is an amazing product and the dev team is so full of work, bugs are part of the growing process and I think its our contribution to help them find them, and fix! So please don’t lose faith in SambaPOS and know you can always find help here!

Cannot complain about the help and I know how good the product is which is why I did not mind getting them to pay for the update to v5 from v2 for the new features.

Just a shame it made me look like a fool when I had to rip it out on the first day.

This issue needs posting clearly somewhere until its fixed as there a quite a few different ways in the search to reactivate license of which none worked.

Time to start rebuilding the users and hopefully I can try and get it running again tomorrow.

I do actually have 2 accounts but one I had to setup for this v5 build as I didnt want my username in the samba market when it was for a customer. I didnt find any reseller options for multiple licenses.

License is under one account and my posts are under another.