Loyalty Points and Accounting

All that requires is some expression with automation using a customer account transaction.

I mean all you need to do is use an automation command and use an expression that gives Cash value to points available and use that ammount for the transaction. No special accounting needed.

My thoughts were similar -

Automation Yes on Settle Screen;
System Setting: say 250 Points = $1 [Customer.Points];
I was thinking “Account Transaction Document” not just a transaction?
Would there be a need to report the dollar value created?

Thats different than what I described. Your wanting to do it inside a ticket? If you do it inside a ticket then you use an Account Transaction. If you do it outside a ticket then you need to use a Transaction Document.

Tickets already have Documents so you do not create a Transaction document you just create a transaction. If your doing it from somewhere other than ticket then you need to create a transaction document.

Penny Dropped - Inside a ticket, when a Ticket is on the go, right? Gee that really hurt…

Ok so I am using a Transaction Document inside a Ticket to get 2 journals, I assume that’s OK as I showed a Link above when emre show it to you. I will need to see if you In or Out lol…
Umm , Nup its an Outee!

I dont remember seeing a link with emre showing it to me?

Did you actually read that? None of that involved tickets. That was done completely from Accounting screen. So I will try and repeat myself in a more clear tone :stuck_out_tongue:

If your using a Ticket then you should use Account Transaction because tickets already have documents.

If your not using a ticket then you must create an Account Transaction Document.

Be gentle please lol, now after your persistence when I read that it seems SO obviously due to your consideration! As I said yah, Calvary arrived thank goodness.

1 Like

I am trying to be… lol your making it hard. Ive explained to you multiple times the answer you wanted but you refuse to believe me for some reason.

Now Dear Sir - we are right back to the “crux” of it all! - Something similar to my “Cache Moment” - I feel.

Why does SambaPOS crash when I use 2 calls to Create Account Transaction?

No kendash I was trying too hard to understand what simple thing you were telling me, trust me I am much smarter than what it seems. I just wired very differently to some…

The answer is probably in the crash details report which you have kept to yourself so far. Share please :stuck_out_tongue:

Will the report still be around or shall I recreate it?

Can probably find it in the logs dir. I have an idea why its crashing… but I thought I would teach you how to debug your own mistakes using the crash report. Those crashes are purposely put there by Emre so it can tell us what went wrong. If it was a serious crash we probably wouldnt get a report.

No worries - I will recreate to be on the safe side as there are a few. I also checked the Log and little bit familiar with DOT.NET errors (unfortunately) so had a quick look.

1 min.

[General Info]

Application: SambaPOS
Version:     5.1.56
Region:      en
DB:          SQ
Machine:     ASUS-27TOUCH
User:        Paul
Date:        9/12/2015
Time:        4:24 AM

User Explanation:

Paul said ""
-----------------------------

[Exception Info 1]

Top-level Exception
Type:        System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException
Message:     Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
Source:      mscorlib
Stack Trace: at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.UnsafeInvokeInternal(Object obj, Object[] parameters, Object[] arguments)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.UnsafeInvoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
   at System.Delegate.DynamicInvokeImpl(Object[] args)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at MS.Internal.Threading.ExceptionFilterHelper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)
   at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeImpl()
   at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeInSecurityContext(Object state)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Invoke()
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.ProcessQueue()
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WndProcHook(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at MS.Internal.Threading.ExceptionFilterHelper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(DispatcherPriority priority, TimeSpan timeout, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam)
   at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(MSG& msg)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl(DispatcherFrame frame)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrame(DispatcherFrame frame)
   at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Wait(TimeSpan timeout)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.InvokeImpl(DispatcherOperation operation, CancellationToken cancellationToken, TimeSpan timeout)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(DispatcherPriority priority, TimeSpan timeout, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at Samba.Presentation.Services.Common.ExtensionMethods.PublishEvent[TEventSubject](TEventSubject eventArgs, String eventTopic, Boolean wait)
   at Samba.Presentation.Services.Implementations.AutomationModule.NotificationClient.<>c.<NotifyEvent>b__3_0(ActionData x)
   at Samba.Services.Implementations.AutomationModule.ActionDataBuilder.InvokeFor(Action`1 dataAction)
   at CallSite.Target(Closure , CallSite , Object , Action`1 )
   at Samba.Services.Implementations.AutomationModule.RuleExecutor.ExecuteWithoutLogging(Object dataParameter, Action`1 dataAction)
   at Samba.Services.Implementations.AutomationModule.RuleExecutor.ExecuteWith(Object dataParameter, Action`1 dataAction)
   at Samba.Services.Implementations.AutomationModule.NotificationService.NotifyEvent(String eventName, Object dataParameter, Int32 terminalId, Int32 departmentId, Int32 userRoleId, Int32 ticketTypeId, Action`1 dataAction)
   at Samba.Presentation.Services.Implementations.AutomationModule.NotificationClient.NotifyEvent(String eventName, Object dataObject)
   at Samba.Modules.PosModule.TicketViewModel.ExecuteAutomationCommand(String automationCommandName, String automationCommandValue, String nextCommandValue, Boolean executeOnce, Boolean clearSelection)
   at Samba.Modules.PosModule.TicketViewModel.ExecuteAutomationCommand(AutomationCommand automationCommand, String selectedValue, String nextValue)
   at Samba.Modules.PosModule.TicketViewModel.OnExecuteAutomationCommand(CommandContainerButton obj)
   at Microsoft.Practices.Prism.Commands.DelegateCommand`1.<>c__DisplayClass6.<.ctor>b__2(Object o)
   at Microsoft.Practices.Prism.Commands.DelegateCommandBase.Execute(Object parameter)
   at Microsoft.Practices.Prism.Commands.DelegateCommandBase.System.Windows.Input.ICommand.Execute(Object parameter)
   at MS.Internal.Commands.CommandHelpers.CriticalExecuteCommandSource(ICommandSource commandSource, Boolean userInitiated)
   at System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.ButtonBase.OnClick()
   at System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.ToggleButton.OnClick()
   at System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.ButtonBase.OnMouseLeftButtonUp(MouseButtonEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.OnMouseLeftButtonUpThunk(Object sender, MouseButtonEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Input.MouseButtonEventArgs.InvokeEventHandler(Delegate genericHandler, Object genericTarget)
   at System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs.InvokeHandler(Delegate handler, Object target)
   at System.Windows.RoutedEventHandlerInfo.InvokeHandler(Object target, RoutedEventArgs routedEventArgs)
   at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.ReRaiseEventAs(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args, RoutedEvent newEvent)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.OnMouseUpThunk(Object sender, MouseButtonEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Input.MouseButtonEventArgs.InvokeEventHandler(Delegate genericHandler, Object genericTarget)
   at System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs.InvokeHandler(Delegate handler, Object target)
   at System.Windows.RoutedEventHandlerInfo.InvokeHandler(Object target, RoutedEventArgs routedEventArgs)
   at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseTrustedEvent(RoutedEventArgs args)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEvent(RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean trusted)
   at System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessStagingArea()
   at System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessInput(InputEventArgs input)
   at System.Windows.Input.InputProviderSite.ReportInput(InputReport inputReport)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.ReportInput(IntPtr hwnd, InputMode mode, Int32 timestamp, RawMouseActions actions, Int32 x, Int32 y, Int32 wheel)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.FilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, WindowMessage msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.InputFilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam)
   at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(MSG& msg)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl(DispatcherFrame frame)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrame(DispatcherFrame frame)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.Run()
   at System.Windows.Application.RunDispatcher(Object ignore)
   at System.Windows.Application.RunInternal(Window window)
   at System.Windows.Application.Run(Window window)
   at Samba.Presentation.App.Main()

Inner Exception 1
Type:        System.InvalidOperationException
Source:      System.Core
Stack Trace: at System.Linq.Enumerable.SingleOrDefault[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source, Func`2 predicate)
   at Samba.Domain.Models.Tickets.Ticket.Recalculate()
   at Samba.Modules.TicketModule.ActionProcessors.UpdateOrder.Process(ActionData actionData)
   at Samba.Services.Common.RuleActionTypeRegistry.ProcessAction(String actionType, ActionData actionData)
   at Samba.Services.Implementations.AutomationModule.AutomationService.ProcessAction(String actionType, ActionData actionData)
   at Samba.Modules.AutomationModule.AutomationModule.<OnInitialization>b__5_0(EventParameters`1 x)
   at Microsoft.Practices.Prism.Events.EventSubscription`1.InvokeAction(Action`1 action, TPayload argument)
   at Microsoft.Practices.Prism.Events.EventSubscription`1.<>c__DisplayClass2.<GetExecutionStrategy>b__0(Object[] arguments)
   at Microsoft.Practices.Prism.Events.EventBase.InternalPublish(Object[] arguments)
   at Microsoft.Practices.Prism.Events.CompositePresentationEvent`1.Publish(TPayload payload)
   at Samba.Presentation.Services.Common.ExtensionMethods.Publish[TEventsubject](TEventsubject eventArgs, String eventTopic, Action expectedAction)

[Assembly Info]

mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0
DevExpress.Xpf.LayoutControl.v14.1, Version=14.1.11.0
System.Xml, Version=4.0.0.0
DevExpress.Xpf.Grid.v14.1, Version=14.1.11.0
System, Version=4.0.0.0
DevExpress.Xpf.Grid.v14.1.Core, Version=14.1.11.0
WindowsBase, Version=4.0.0.0
System.Xaml, Version=4.0.0.0
Samba.Domain, Version=1.0.0.0
System.Core, Version=4.0.0.0
PresentationFramework, Version=4.0.0.0
Samba.Infrastructure, Version=1.0.0.0
Microsoft.Practices.Prism, Version=4.0.0.0
System.Runtime.Serialization, Version=4.0.0.0
Microsoft.Practices.Prism.MefExtensions, Version=4.0.0.0
System.ComponentModel.Composition, Version=4.0.0.0
PresentationCore, Version=4.0.0.0
DevExpress.Xpf.Core.v14.1, Version=14.1.11.0
Samba.Services, Version=1.0.0.0
Samba.Presentation.Services, Version=1.0.0.0
System.Windows.Forms, Version=4.0.0.0
System.Drawing, Version=4.0.0.0
Stateless, Version=1.0.0.0
Samba.Persistance, Version=1.0.0.0
PropertyTools, Version=2012.4.14.1
Samba.Localization, Version=1.0.0.0
ReachFramework, Version=4.0.0.0
Samba.Infrastructure.Data, Version=1.0.0.0
EntityFramework, Version=6.0.0.0
FluentValidation, Version=3.4.0.0
Omu.ValueInjecter, Version=2.3.0.0
Microsoft.Practices.ServiceLocation, Version=1.0.0.0
Microsoft.CSharp, Version=4.0.0.0

[System Info]

Operating System
-Microsoft Windows 8.1
--CodeSet = 1252
--CSDVersion = 
--CurrentTimeZone = 480
--FreePhysicalMemory = 13119984
--OSArchitecture = 64-bit
--OSLanguage = 1033
--ServicePackMajorVersion = 0
--ServicePackMinorVersion = 0
--Version = 6.3.9600

Machine
-ASUS-27TOUCH
--Manufacturer = ASUSTeK Computer INC.
--Model = ET2702I
--TotalPhysicalMemory = 17086021632
--UserName = ASUS-27Touch\ASUS-27TOUCH\Paul

Its either one of these two actions as shown above but will recopy here:

“Sequence contains 1 or more matching elements?” No idea…

So my first thought is why are you creating a sale transaction? You didnt sell anything you gave it away.

Ok, it above again so will not polute the thread but the Points Transaction will giving me a Source and Target no problems, but the target was Receivables and it was always having an outstanding balance.

Look at my very first post above you will see the Accounts Screen with the Good and Bad.
I duplicated the “Points Transaction” to be similar to discounts and all references here on the forum i.e. Source & Target. The problem is it changes Receivables which leaves a balance. If a Use the “Sales Transaction” it works perfect but I cannot get both to work at the same time.

Rule Debugger might give you a good idea of the flow of whats happening.

Tried got nothing from that :disappointed:
Has to be some sort of double commit with the two Create Account Transaction Actions?

So use Show mEssage… insert it where you want to see if that action is firing with correct value etc.