Loyalty Points and Accounting

Continuing the discussion from Loyalty Point Issues - help needed:

Hello I need some further help on clarifications on Accounting.

Firstly, I really need to know the difference between using ACTION for:
Create Account Transaction
Create Account Transaction Document

When do you use either one?

Now the Loyalty Point System is working very well and @emre I can confirm the fix for Button Captions Cache is working fine!

Here is the Ticket in action:

Problem in Accounting - need help

Goal: I wish to track products that are given away under a Point Reward by creating Accounting Transactions that flow into the Work Period Report, Tickets and Accounts. The current implementation linked from my original post just makes the sale=$0 - giveaway with no Accounting.

Accounting has been documented in Gift Certificates a bit but the application is different and firmly embedded in more complicated semantics than used here and transaction documents are being used.

Here is the important Action:

Here are the results:

The problem is I would like to see the Accounts Receivable journal as well but as you can see above it just creates 1 record (as anticipated).
@emre if I include the “ZALP_Create Sales Transaction Action” - I crash SambaPOS. My theory is this would give me the Sales Journal I need to track the promotional value assigned and do all the good things with stock.

Here are the Transactions and details. Note the Sales transaction is DEFAULT or untouched by me.

Can anyone see why I am crashing Samba? Emre I am wondering if I have used {TOTAL AMOUNT} one after the other call which has caused the error as the message was something like “Duplicate call…bla bla”.

If I take out “ZALP_Create Sales Transaction Action” it all works GREAT!? :confused:

Can this be an answer to all of the above?

Not the ZIP but the use of a “Document” which allows for 2 transactions…:neutral_face:
[Would need to check out the crash but and why.]

Having another one of those conversations with myself again :tired_face:

Anyway I have tried the new Account Transaction Document so I can Map two Account Transactions to it but I confess I have no idea how to complete the setup?

Here is the new document:

Here is the new Action now using the “Create Account Transaction DOCUMENT”:
Note the red arrow indicates I do not understand.

Here is my feeble attempt at the new Automation:
Note the red arrow indicates I do not understand.

Please be gentle as it my first venture into my own workflow!
Help needed please.

EDIT:
Actually @QMcKay, sorry to call you on this one (typically last resort) but the Account ID and Account Name stuff emre created for one of your revisions. The thing is with the above screen there has been no examples as yet so any tips or instructions will ease some pain here.
10.59pm ah crap!

Hard thing here is I have found if you do not get these parameters correct - no error is generated, just no result so not sure which is better.

For Account Name and Account Id, you can use one or the other. When you map an Automation Command to an Account Screen, the Account Id is automatically passed in [:CommandValue].

It used to be that the Create Account Transaction Document Action would only accept Account Name, but the Account Screen passes the Account Id (not Name), so I had to use a script to get the Name via the Id from the DB. Because of this, I made a request to have the Tx Doc accept the Account Id or the Name.

The method which you use to get the Account Name or Id is left up to you. You obviously need to get it somewhere along the line within your automation flow.

OK so I not trying o map it to a screen, just trying to create two Account Transactions in my Rule Flow. I guess this option may not work as emre showed in the link above whereby I wish to use the document to create a Sales Transaction (Samba Default) and a Points Transaction (hybrid Discount)?

#And the answer is…

Just inexperienced and had no idea! Anyway not sure if hardcoding the name is a good thing?

But Results in:

@emre the only thing I not happy about is:

1. Why SambaPOS crashes if I use a Rule referencing 2 Account Transactions; 1 for Sale Transaction; and 1 for Points Transaction? My solution was to move to a Transaction Document to Map the 2 transactions
    Note: Both actions will work if only 1 is included in the Rule Flow and Screens are above; AND

2. Why is a blank record created? See below - I think this was art of the original setup for rewards when a Sale Payment becomes “0”?

Look forward to your comments.
[EDIT2]
Next is convert Points to Cash :cold_sweat: but bed first!

Ok I really do not wish to move on until I fully understand this Account Transaction Document? I see it used mostly to add to Entity and Account Screens but why do I need to use it here…
Also not sure if I am comfortable that I reference the new Account “Rewards” but the Sales Transaction [Default] writes to 2 other completely difference accounts?

Just trying to be complete and add to the Samba documentation as guesswork is slightly frustrating. Oh there is only 1 reference to this document type in the “Gift Cards Tutorial” and no WIKI details - its the one left blank.

Tickets already create transaction documents automatically… if your doing a transaction outside of a ticket then you need to use a transaction document. This would include automation for things triggered in a ticket IE its not part of actual ticket.

Yah - Calvary arrived!, Ok so whats the difference between an Account Transaction and a Account Transaction Document?

Account Transaction typically is used inside a ticket.

I don’t understand what you are saying here? Can you show a example?

I will study those tutorials, would of searched “Account Transaction Document” and looked for applkications.

@pauln I understand your trying to learn Accounting… but what actual real situation are you trying to solve. I mean what are you wanting to do and why? Its easier to answer those type questions vs trying to answer questions about features.

Look at Transactions for tickets. Settings > Accounts > Transactions

Sure - during training last week I demonstrated the use of “Rewards Points” - Customer Earns Points when they make purchases, Customer can use Points for a free Item.

The first question was nice, so show me the report on the value we have given away? So I set out to record transactions…

Been there many times, see reference to blank record above, but inside ticket means what? If you said inside a Rule - well know what that means.

I would have just used reports to build them the report. Those transactions are already recorded in each ticket.

No actually - I followed emre’s (old) tutorial and the automation command leave a blank transaction? Hence why I am here…

Tutorial referenced from my first post:

I dont understand what blank transaction means because your showing a transaction and its not blank.

I will repost the shot but it is above…

The first transaction shot above is from my call to the Points Sales Transaction Document I created. I fi take this out as it was an add-in it leaves the Flow close to original tutorial. The only mod was a calculation on Points…

OK so its going to be hard to see what your doing here. Why do you feel you need to rework accounting just to give them a report on points? The original tutorial had correct accounting and it was fully capable of being reported on with custom reports.