Loyalty System: Discount Per Visit

Any foundation help to get me started on this?

Explain the setup.
They have to visit at least once a week to get discount?

They get a discount once they visit the store 2 or more times, but if they dont use their visit points within that month then every 30th of each month it resets to 0

Points or discount? Please detail

For Example:
Day 1 (2nd July):- Fred walks in to get a service EG: Hair cut (Not limited to one service), this will count as a visit and add 1 under their customer account visit column.
Day 2 (15th July):- Fred walks in to get Shave, this will count as a visit and add another 1, so the total visit is 2. At this point Fred is now able to get a 20% discount on any service the next time he visit.
30 days down the line Fred did not come for any service so the system resets his visits total to 0.
Day 3 (1 August) Fred visit and gets a Massage, At this point the system will not have a total of 3 Visits but instead just start afresh and add 1 visit.
In a nutshell… Fred Only gets a 20% discount if he visits the store 2 or more times

I personally wouldn’t look to reset visits.
I’d have a last visit month and month visits column if thats how your working it.
So that 1st visit last visit month is before July, so updated to July and visit set to 1, seccond visit month is july so visit count +1.
August visit month is july so update to August and set visit count to 1.

The reset is so that a customer does not come at their own time and get a discount and its not limited to a number of months but will be running all year round.

Yer, got that, your missing what I’m saying…
So discount is valid if last visit month is this month and visit >2.
Each visit the values are checked, if this month vksit increased by one.
If visit not this month month set to this month and visit reset to 1.

Hey, might you have a sample string with this type of expression?

Have rece tly changed our discount/loyalty system to a frequency based setup.
I leg last 6 dates they made purchase, if 6 is less 28 days treated as more than once a week and get 15%, if 4 is less that 28 they get 10% as average once a week.
Less than that they get 5% base on the members system.

Did you by chance prep a tutorial on how to build this?

Hey, JTRTech managed to find a solution I wanted with the help of @markjw via this link Clear a certain field for all entities - #7 by GreatShakesBar. Just edited the script to match my fields. Thanks for the help guys

Hi, im following your loyalty system setup
, but cant seem to find the LP_Ask Question Eligible Discount Action…what action type did you use? im editing the LP_Ask Question Eligibility Discount rule but i cant seem to add that action to the rule
Screenshot_1

I used the “Ask Question” action type and forwarded the parameters so they I can edit them in the rule.

Then within the rule i click on " Select Action," and then insert that action and insert the parameters.

thanks, your explanation on the setup is very clear…

What Parameters did you edit here…i dont get you when u say u forwaded the parametersScreenshot1 because on the rule im not getting enough parameters to insert
Screenshot

You can forward the parameters values into the rule like shown in my screen shot, by inserting [:xx] where X can equal the name of the field.

For example.

For the field “Question” if you type [:Question]

And save it, then when you go to insert the action into the rule the “Question” field will show up.

By doing this, I can change the variable/value directly from the rule instead of editing the field in the actions page.

It is also easier to see what values are in the action within the rule instead of opening the action from the action page.

ok now i get it, thanks…i learned something new

Hi, can someone help me with my loyalty card setup per visit…1point per visit ,every 10th visit a customer gets a 30% Discount but the problem is the 10th visit when it asks that the customer is eligible for a 30% discount i press apply and then when i settle the bill it resets the visit counter and it adds the +1visit that will be shown on their next visit instead of resetting the visit counter so that its 0 when they come on their next visit but it will be 1visit instead of 0visits …and i want it also when customers dont claim and its more than 10 for an example 12visits…and then when they claim its adds the remaining 2points to the next visit or show there is 2points left so when they come next time it shows on their ticket and adds another point when the ticket is settled to make it 3points.
i will upload the database tool for my loyalty card setup to check
Loyalty Card Per Visit.zip (1.9 KB)

Try adding this constraint to the LP_Increase Customer Visits When Payment Processed rule
{TICKET STATE:Loyalty Discount} Is Null

txSCPu0hmb

I haven’t tested this. Test it out and we can make any tweaks as necessary.

1 Like