Loyalty System: Discount Per Visit

ohhh it worked thank you so much

1 Like

It really worked??? Wow, I’m surprised! Usually it takes me a few tries.

Here is what is going on:
When a Loyalty Points discount is applied, it is applying a Ticket State Name Loyalty Discount value to Applied.

50gxWoT5VH

When a discount is not added to the ticket, there is Loyalty Discount Ticket State added to the ticket…it is not there or more accurately it is Null. And since we only need if the ticket state is present or not we use a report tag of {TICKET STATE:Loyalty Discount} is Null.

The report tag of {TICKET STATE:Loyalty Discount} Equals Applied would also work in the constraint.

—Edit—
It should be:
{TICKET STATE:Loyalty Discount} Not Equals Applied

2 Likes

do you know how i can fix this,when it asks me that the customer is eligible for a discount i press yes then it applies the discount but it doesnt show the discount but it already calculated it…when i go back and close the ticket and open it the discount is showing, the same applies to the Cancel Loyal discount when i press it when its applied to both Ticket&Payment it doesnt cancel but when i press it under ticket it cancels but on payment screen it doesnt cancel…

discount calculated but not showing

when i close ticket reopen it then the discount calculation is showing

You just need to do a screen refresh for the 2 rules.

Rule name: LP_Apply Discount:

Add Display Payment Screen action to the list.

Here is what the action looks like if it does not already exist

VId9dQCKgG

BaqqyaXHrQ

Rule name: LP_show Cancel Loyalty Discount button:

Add DF Display Loaded Ticket action to the bottom of the list.

If DF Display Loaded Ticket action is not present

We will create an action to display to ticket.

• Add a new action.
  • Search for Display Ticket in Action Type.
  • Enter [:Ticket ID] in the field.
  • Save.
    9IpDIDrIL0

sZvRjjb42z

I think that should show the calculation discount. Let us know if it does not.

i tried the first one it seems it worked to show the calculation but , when i press the cancel loyalty discount button it sill shows the calculation but if i close the ticket and open its not showing…the second one of the DF Display Loaded Ticket i dont have that action, do i need to create one?

Expand the :arrow_forward: If DF Display Loaded Ticket action is not present from above.

In the Rule, just leave the Ticket ID field blank.

when i press cancel loyalty discount under Ticket it cancels and thhe calculation is removed but if i press it under payment screen its cancelling but still shows the calculation until i close the ticket and reopen the ticket then it wont show

If you are trying to cancel the calculation from the payment screen then remove the display ticket action and put in the display payment screen action (the same as the first rule).

I was thinking the remove calculation was in the ticket screen, not the payment screen. My mistake.

thank you its working ok now

1 Like

hi , is there a way i can make it ask to add the discount before i print the bill for my client, i tried adding the rule to print when i print bill for my client before i settle the bill…it only works when i press the settle button

when i press the print bill button it adds the discount but when i close the ticket and open it , then its gone…no discount…

Screenshot_3

but when i press the settle button it applies the discount and when i close the ticket and open it , it will still be there… when i print the bill after pressing settle button it will print the bill with discount showing on the bill

the problem is when i press the Print Bill button it asks that the customer is eligible for a discount if i apply it , it then prints the bill but the discount is not on the bill

Try removing the Print Bill Automation Command Name from your LP_Discount Eligibility Check rule.

What might be happening is the printed bill is being generated before the discount is applied to the ticket. With the discount being applied when you press the Settle button, that should hopefully take care of the problem. If you have a print bill button on the ticket screen, that may be an issue for staff pushing it and the discount not being applied. That could be easy overcome by creating another rule for the print bill button or adding the action to the already existing rule.

Let us know if that fixes the issue.

i took off the Print Bill Automation Command , how do i make another rule that can allow my Staff to print bill and it applies the discount

Where do you have the print bill button(s)?

i have the Print button showing under the ticket, have set it to show when a New order is added to the ticket and when the bill is printed it locks then the Print button doesnt show until the ticket is unlocked
Screenshot_1

In your, already exiting print bill rule add your LP_Ask Question Eligible Discount action. Put it as the first in the list. In the actions constraints (not the rule constraints) add this: '{ENTITY DATA:Customer:Visits}' > '8'

The action constraint will only fire when an Customers Visits is greater than 8. If the customers visits is less than 9 or blank, this action will not fire.

If you have any text in the same action of your LP_Discount Eligibility Check rule, copy that an paste that into the print bill rule new action.

Test to make sure the discount is applied before printing. If it does not, please let us know.

thank you that works, i want to my printer template to update new loyalty points for the customer…i edited my template to {ENTITY DATA:Visits}

for example if a customer has 5points and i settle their bill it updates their points to 6 but on the settled printed bill it still shows 5points

Screenshot_2
Screenshot_1

Can you expand the 2 actions and show a screen shot?

Screenshot_1