Macro nutrient counting on Bills

Hi Everyone,

bit of strange request but I’m hoping I can use sambapos to implement a unique situation for a restaurant which will be opening later in the year.

The restaurant is part of a closed health retreat where customers health stats are monitored obsessively. it is designed to be a place that treats severe health and fitness issues that require drastic measures. our goal with the restaurant is still to offer patrons a ‘choice’ of foods in an environment where so many other variables of their life will be controlled and monitored. each person will have daily goals for their overall calorie and macronutrient intake. Our menu adapts to these needs and still provides choices for the customer.

we track all of the macronutrients via an adapted menu spreadsheet but the next goal is to incorporate this into the pos system. ideally, I’d like to set up sambapos to record nutrients based on menu choice and add them to a customer account which can be accessed externally for other functions. if the details could not be stored internally we wondered whether a QR code could be generated by each settled ticket that includes the details for a customer to record themselves using an app such as myfitnesspro. I have around 6 months to turn this into some sort of reality but i would love tohear your thoughts on the plan and whether sambapos could be the right tool to adapt for this?

Sounds interesting.
Should be achievable, custom product tags for nutritional info which should be report-able via ticket customer. Bit to it but should be doable.
External access to records could be achieved vie graphql api, this would require a bit of work but makes samba available via api requests including custom reports etc.
Barcode should be achiveable depending on the extent of info your expecting to embed, dont think samba supports 3d barcodes but might be wrong on that but definatly for sure you should at minimum be able to show barcode for total calories or something like that but then it would be just as easy to show the number without scanning. Would need more info about how the app accepts the data and barcodes etc.