Major Issue with Online License Check - Systems Offline

That cant be right? App cant see tickets created/edited on full SambaPOS?
You cant open the same ticket on two terminals and edit on both as which one gets priority, this scenario shouldn’t be that common unless its big table served my multiple waiters. Unless they are not closing ticket on one of the terminals maybe.
No data should be going out to internet, internet should only be used for licence validation.

You cant open the same ticket twice on normal terminals so why would they allow that on mobile client?

In fact it’s often cheaper just to have multiple small PC’s and run one for each tablet since you can pickup usff PC’s on eBay with good enough spec for 50-60£

I think hes using the android app though not rdp.

Lol, that was on wrong topic, sorry

Hello everyone. Do you have a solution for licensing yet?
We are very busy each day and so far we have electricity load shedding. Then all my systems are down and I have to do paperwork again. I beg for a solution…
( I have UPS running to keep POS up and running for bills and kitchen orders)

Are you waiting Offline Android Client or non-electric working SambaPOS :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Licensing works just fine. Thousands of restaurants are using it every day. What are you asking for?

Hi @Jesse
Please read the original post above. When the internet is offline, we cannot use the tablets as it requires access to the internet to verify licenses. Check the discussion please. :wink:

That is likely not going to change any time soon. But you should be able to use them without internet it only needs it when you first login. I’ll test that and see. I’ve not used mobile client much.

And I read every discussion on here pretty much. You confused me with your last post.

Edit: ok I was wrong it checks constantly. Maybe we can find alternative. You could try using Windows tablets and local wifi while you wait on a possible solution to mobile.

Windows tablets for the win :sweat_smile:

No, no we are developing a solution for this. Please wait a little :slight_smile:

2 Likes

While your at it go ahead and throw in mobile payments and I’ll use my ICMP device. :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Thanks so much for your effort with this @VehbiEmiroglu

1 Like

Good morning @VehbiEmiroglu
So our easter weekend we were busier than ever, our internet lines were down and we could not use the Android Clients again. I know you guys are working on a solution, but it is becoming so important that my restaurant actually suffers tremendous amount of inefficiencies. (Because EVERYTHING in my restaurant works on SambaPOS and Android now!!)

It pains me to say this, but I am going to need some alternative arrangements because in South Africa, with winter approaching, our electricity may again be switched off and so we are going to suffer losses of internet and I don’t want to be left stranded.

My business and its people became very used to the tablets and the new system, so much so that if they can’t use it, everything slows down even bill payments, and I have NO record of really what was sold by who and who had what tips.

The impact of this decision to check licenses each time on the internet is just so tremendously big, that it prompts me as a owner, whether I should consider moving to something else.

Please hear my plea, I don’t and cannot afford to change to other systems, and I love the SambaPOS community and products, but I cannot be its ambassador with this issue.

Thanks

While I am not sure if it has a fix for this specific situation I can say that they are readying a new version of it with some big changes. We should see it soon.

1 Like

Yes we know your problem. And we are developing some solutions for this. This week a new version will come.

2 Likes

Hello everyone, I have just encountered this problem, is there a solution?

The new client that has asked me for the system is in a location without internet in the middle of the motaña and did not have this problem.

I need some solution

Thank you

We are still working on it. Please wait a little.

:cold_sweat: ok, please hurry

Thank you

1 Like