MC3 Missing features & Issues

Hi SambaPOS team,

just wanted to share some MC3 missing features and issues that have came up during use in production environment.

Setup includes:
2x Windows Terminals
3x LAN Printers
2x MC3 Tablets (iPads 9thGen - Software ver 15)

SQL Server 2019
SambaPOS V5 5.5.4
MC3 v3.1.0

1. Print Jobs - MC3 doesnt seem to handle conditional mappings where certain products/categories are sent to a specific printer depending on from which terminal the ticket was closed
    I.E.
    If you submit Soft Drinks from the Restaurant computer (Windows), it will be printer at Restaurant printer
    If you submit Soft Drinks from the Bar terminal (MC3), it suppose to be sent to Bar printer but it doesn’t get printed anywhere at all. And I can confirm that the User is mapped to Bar terminal.
    Meaning you cant have bill printer nor order dockets printed separately.

2. Sub Menu Tags - neither portrait nor landscape mode of MC3 doesn’t support sub menu tags

3. Automation Commands & Menu Category Headers - buttons and automation command don’t seem to support .jpg, .png and symbols. Only products support image files.

4. Payment Type Headers - buttons of payment types dont seem to support any .jpg, .png and symbols

Hope SambaPOS team can prioritize and solve print jobs issues.

2 Likes

@Tayfun please remove this bot.

ChatGPT bot telling long term resellers of SambaPOS that they miss-configured something as simple as Print Job and repeating in different words what I already highlighted is not helpful at all.

I removed them ………….

1 Like

I will test your issue with printing today. The others are work in progress.

Are you using the default Ticket Closing automation for printing?

Yes, print jobs are running in a ticket closing rule.

There few other actions in this rule but its a normal sort order of print jobs first and update order/ticket states action afterwards.

@Posflow Try a few things please.

1. Make sure the printer your using is installed to the server that message server is running on.

2. Make sure it is an Ethernet printer and not a shared printer

3. Can you show some screenshots of your printing setup so I can replicate it

1. It is

2. It is a network printer connected via gigabit switch

3. Ill send you the database privately

I am checking out MC3 for my local clients (version 3.1.0 with SambaPOS 5.5.6 and SQL Server 2022)

I have some configurations with ticket labels, entities, and automation that are not working. I have done my best to follow kb.sambapos.com instructions

Now that I see this very recent post I wonder what I can expect and what not

Is there a list of features that MC3 supports? Or, better yet, is there a list of unsupported features?

Many advanced automations it may not support. It is a completely separate platform so it does not follow the same core list of rule events. We do not have a list of things not supported yet unfortunately you would need to experiment and let us know what things you need so we can ensure they are added to our plans.

A reminder that with MC3 the updates for it also come with SambaPOS updates as GraphQL is updated through that. So I would advise to install 5.5.8 latest version and try MC3 again.

@Jesse

It would be nice if we could get a time estimate on when this printing issue will be resolved. One of our client already asked for a refund and the other is waiting for the fix but they will not wait forever.

There was another post which looked like it was the same issue. MC3 just doesn’t manage terminal mapped print jobs. Its like a core feature of a print job to be able to do this. Without it, whats the point?

I think SambaPOS should reconsider its approach and bring back BETA for new products. Closed BETA doesn’t seem to work well.

1 Like