Menu Not Showing up on Entity Screen until I switch Departments

Hi All!

This is an excellent forum, and I have been spending the last several days glued to it in setting up my first configuration. I have run into a strange issue though:

When I go to the “Dine In” Department, the menu will not show up.

However, if I switch Departments and then go back to “:Dine In” then the menu appears!

There have been some instances where some stray menu subcategory items will appear (probabably left over from the previous order) but if I click on any of them, the app crashes with a null reference exception.

I have attempted removing and readding as well as remapping the entity screen, with no luck.

Any ideas?

Are you using different ticket types?

I am not. I only have one Ticket Type, which is the default that came with the minimal configuration. I DO have different Department types (Dine In, Walk-In, Delivery, Pick Up) however. This particular Dine-In custom layout is restricted to the Dine-In department, but no other Departments seem to have any issues with the menu not showing up, just Dine-In.

For that department did you define a Default Menu?

For your Ticket Type check this setting and clear it.

If your ticket Type has a menu setting there it will try to revert to it when ticket is created. This could be causing issues. Try clearing that setting leave it blank.

2 Likes

Yep, it was indeed the default menu setting on the Department.

Thanks!