Messaging Server Port 9000+ can't install

Hi there! So I’m trying to setup the Gloria integration. However, I just seem to be hitting one problem.

I’ve managed to get through most of it but the Messaging Server Port 9000+ won’t install. I’ve tried doing this on 5 different computers, all come back with the same error. Is there something I need to do before I try to install this port, or something else I need to install?

Many Thanks

The error shows:

See the end of this message for details on invoking 
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'file:///C:\WINDOWS\system32\Samba.MessagingServer.WindowsService.exe' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
File name: 'file:///C:\WINDOWS\system32\Samba.MessagingServer.WindowsService.exe'
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly._nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, RuntimeAssembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, IntPtr pPrivHostBinder, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, RuntimeAssembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, IntPtr pPrivHostBinder, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.InternalLoadAssemblyName(AssemblyName assemblyRef, Evidence assemblySecurity, RuntimeAssembly reqAssembly, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, IntPtr pPrivHostBinder, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.InternalLoadFrom(String assemblyFile, Evidence securityEvidence, Byte[] hashValue, AssemblyHashAlgorithm hashAlgorithm, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
   at System.Reflection.Assembly.LoadFrom(String assemblyFile)
   at System.Configuration.Install.AssemblyInstaller.set_Path(String value)
   at System.Configuration.Install.AssemblyInstaller..ctor(String fileName, String[] commandLine)
   at Samba.MessagingServer.WindowsService.Helpers.ServiceHelper.ServiceInstaller(Boolean uninstall)
   at Samba.MessagingServerServiceTool.FrmMain.InstallServiceClick(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.7.2633.0 built by: NET471REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
Samba.MessagingServerServiceTool
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/SambaPOS5/Samba.MessagingServerServiceTool.exe
----------------------------------------
System.Windows.Forms
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.7.2556.0 built by: NET471REL1
Could not load file or assembly 'file:///C:\WINDOWS\system32\Samba.MessagingServer.WindowsService.exe' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
File name: 'file:///C:\WINDOWS\system32\Samba.MessagingServer.WindowsService.exe'

The issue is clearly stated above, however…

Very odd that it is looking for the EXE in that location, since that is not where it is installed.

When do you see that message? When you run the Messaging Server Service Tool (Samba.MessagingServerServiceTool.exe)? When you click install? When you click update?

Have you tried a different port (ie.9898)?

Sorry, should have added these images in at the start. It happens when I click install.
samba%202

Is there something else that needs to be installed to make it work?

Because I’m trying to integrate Gloria and Samba does it not have to be that certain port? Sorry, I’m quite comfortable with Samba but haven’t really touched on the messaging server service tool much.

Thank you for replying!

When you run Samba.MessagingServerServiceTool.exe are you doing right-click “Run as Administrator”?

Are you running the Service Tool on the SambaPOS “server” (where DB is installed)?

No, you can adjust the port for the service, and for Gloria. Ideally, 9000+ is what you want to avoid further Gloria configuration, but try changing the port in the Service Tool anyway just to eliminate the possibility of a port conflict.

Yep, have tried running as administrator and it still isn’t working, this is the server computer too.

I tried 9898 as the port and the same error is showing up too.

What version of SambaPOS are you running?

What OS are you running?

Could be he uninstalled messaging server in Windows settings.

@Jesse, There is no “uninstall” for SambaPOS Messaging Server. It is just an EXE installed with SambaPOS.

@RheaA, do you have all of these files:

C:\Program Files (x86)\SambaPOS5\Samba.MessagingServer.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\SambaPOS5\Samba.MessagingServer.WindowsService.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\SambaPOS5\Samba.MessagingServerServiceTool.exe

P.S. Do NOT run any of those except Samba.MessagingServerServiceTool.exe.

1 Like

Hmm true I guess I was thinking a dependency not the actual file.

I only have these 3:

So I don’t have the Samba.MessagingSever.WindowsService.InstallState one

The InstallState file is probably only created when the Service is successfully installed. It contains XML data.

Do you have any Red SambaPOS Apple icons in your Tool Tray (by the clock)? You should not have any, including the hidden area …

Capture22

I actually do have one!

Also, I’m running samba v5.

That means you ran one of the other EXEs that you shouldn’t have. Right-click the icon and choose exit or shutdown or whatever it takes to make the icon go away, then try running the Service Tool again (Samba.MessagingServerServiceTool.exe).

Are you running the LocalDB version of SQL Express or the “full” version?

If you are running the “full” version, you will see SQL Server in Windows Services.

If you are running the LocalDB version, there will be no SQL Server Service in Windows Services; instead you will see something referring to SQL in the Task Manager.

I was receiving the same message.

In my case the problem was that I had another service in the same port.

Either change the other service or SambaPos Messaging service.