Method to Reactivate License. This works all the time

Dear Friends,

One of the issues I have been facing in SambaPOS, is that your license gets deactivated sometimes.

This could happen if you take backups of your database, restore the database and work on it on a different machine, and then upload it back to the server.

I have discovered a method which works all the time.

This is how you do it:

1. Take a backup of your database.

2. Log out of your account in Samba Market.

3. Quit SambaPOS Application.

4. Goto SQL Management Studio, and delete your database.

5. Goto samabpos.com, login, and clear the license keys.

6. Start the SambaPOS application.

7. As you have deleted your database, SambaPOS automatically creates a fresh empty database.

8. Login as 1234, and goto SambaMarket.

9. Login, and activate the application.

10. Restore your database from the backup.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Somil

1 Like

You can also get the same result without having to delete the database. Simply logging out of SambaMarket from inside SambaPOS closing sambapos, clear license key, then open sambapos and login to market and activate license.

A better way to make changes without restoring a database is to use database tools files.

1 Like

Dear Kendash,

I have tried your method numerous times, but it just does not work for me. But, it works everytime if I follow the steps I have detailed out in this post.

Regards,

Somil

1 Like

Try the database tools option for making system changes. It will work without having to restore or mess with database. Its a great way to put configuration changes into a live system.

I reactivate many times. Never delete restore database, just login logout clear license key that all.

1 Like