Microsoft Surface

There’s a few threads on this but nothing recent. Is anyone currently running on MS Surface?

Am considering this for a small space as they can be wall mounted. Would Sambapos run satisfactorily on a Surface Go (assuming the server is hosted on a PC) or is the spec too low? 4gb ram and a Pentium Gold 4415Y… I have no idea.

Alternatively Pro is sufficient but expensive so would love to hear thoughts!! Cheers

I have a pro which hosts the database and runs samba, the only issue i have is sometimes samba doesnt recognise you pressing the screen so i have to press the same button 2,3,4,5 times for it to actually work.

This only happens in samba, all other applications work fine and here is no issue with the touchscreen anywhere when using it, other than this a pro works well. Ive never used a go so cant comment on that one

1 Like

Go won’t work unless you update it to full windows 10 pro.

Cool thanks for the info!!

am using surface pro 3 with i3 processor has windows 10, as a client and taking orders on tables since 4 years ,never had any issue only need to update software when server side samba updated.

I use a Surface Pro as my test machine. It works great. You can’t use the GO though as Jesse has indicated. You might be able to run RDC, but I haven’t tested that setup.

Personally for the cost and limited ports, I would recommend going a different route. Even with the pro you’ll likely want to grab a dock for ease of charging, ethernet, etc… And that just adds to the cost.

How about this? Can we use it as a terminal?

Looks like os and specs are compatible. It just really comes down to performance and the ports you need for hardware.

1 Like

So i think it can be used as a tab right? For order taking

I don’t see why you wouldn’t be able to use it for running the desktop application.

1 Like