Missing tables when order are sent from Android Mobile

So it looks like it may be tickets already created on a different terminal or handheld? Does it ever do that if its the first item added to a new ticket started on the handheld?

I use a single tablet so I dont think so.

Yes it does, actually most orders are created on the handheld. Do you think this issue can be related to message server instead of the mobile client? To my understanding, mobile client is submitting the order to message server but somehow during the execution of the action there is a unexpected/incompatible data such as an ID or something. Is there a way to make message server dump logs or run it in debug mode?

I have finally found out how to reproduce this issue/bug, it is strangely related with admin pin confirmation. Please check the following scenario:

1- Change confirmation value of “Refund” automation command to “Admin PIN”
2- Create a non-admin user role (By unchecking the “Admin” checkbox under “General Settings”)
3- Add two orders to a new ticket and close ticket on your PC terminal.
4- Reopen the same ticket and refund one of the order items on your PC terminal.
5- On mobile client, when you open this ticket and add any order, it will print but it will not actually add the order to this ticket anymore, you can still add any order in your PC terminal without any complications.

Could anyone please confirm if this applies to your case?

There is not a Refund automation command. Do you mean void?

Yes “Void”, sorry didn’t use the English version for some time.

Maybe it is one of the causes how the problem occurs but I am definitely sure it is not the only way. Sometimes it is just placing the order it is happening. Not only when voiding.

You are unfortunately right about it, happened today to my client, there is no void or cancel but same issue of printing the kitchen receipt but not adding orders to ticket.
@Jesse I hope new version of mobile client and message server has some debugging capacity to check what is actually happening with communication.

Interesting find. I will investigate that see if it’s reproducible. I don’t think this is a mobile client issue. I think it is something else.

2 Likes

Hope so too because this is a main concern and causes us to lose money. Sometimes it is so busy and the employees would forget to double check. What I did is to have my employees go back and check the order after each transaction but it shouldnt be like this of course.

Really hope you guys can find the source of the problem and solve it soon. I really like SambaPos and want to use the Mobile Client on more devices. I purchased 5 tablets but I am only running it on because of this issue. I have a friend that I recommended SambaPos to him and he is using it on 7 tablets and he is having the same problem. His restaurant is bigger and hard to track like how I am doing.

By the way, the first scenario of using admin pin for voiding is working without any problem on v5.3.2 so I assume something happened between versions up to v5.3.6, may be this could shed some light on the issue.

Still I am not sure if v5.3.2 is safe about random encounters of this issue I have reported lately.

I have also seen some very rare cases where the orders are added to ticket after printing but this time ticket status is null.

I don’t know if these two issues are related, but if they are, these are all happening when the actions are triggered by the ticket closing rule.

Try downgrading to SambaPos 5.3.0 and it should solve it. I have been running it for 15 days without any issues.

Can I download it somewhere? The link in the forum post is broken.

Your problem still contiues?
I got the installation file from a friend but maybe you can try ask Samba support. Good Luck

The next update to mobile app will be released soon. Unfortunately we won’t be making any more improvements to the v2 app.

Hi there, I’m getting the same issues with the mobile app. Waiter signs in and places order to table. Order prints but without the entity (table number). If I go and look at the open tickets I can see the order is there, then I go in and assign to the table. It is not ideal especially when my client gets busy.

There is also an issue with the adding orders to a table where there is voids. From the mobile app you select the product/s and press close to order. It shows the summary and then you press close again. The order doesn’t get printed and when you go back into the table, the order/s weren’t placed.

Another related issue I have is with printing. So my client has a variety of departments. There is one for kitchen, bar, vip section and then they have a hookah section. The only department that uses tablets is the vip section. They use a specified section of the bar to receive the orders from the tablets and then prepare it. They also have a POS terminal setup in this area to help keep track of the orders. For some odd reason we get times where the tablets won’t print any orders to the IP based printer. The departments and print orders to kitchen is setup correctly because when the place is quiet then it works. So for some reason there is something that crashes and then you can do what you like it won’t print. I have restarted the message server and mobile client helper service. Nothing works. But if you do orders from the POS terminal, it works without fail.

@Jesse any idea when v3 will be released? This client just bought a new restaurant that he want to use 8 tablets at.

If anyone wants a work around, I have a RDP android app that can be locked down so users can’t get out and it has a reconnect automatically option. It is not the best but it works great on like 7 inch tablets. Just make sure to have your server in a state that you can access it with multiple RDP sessions. RDPwrapper is a nice tool to look at if you aren’t familiar or need a solution.

We are building and testing our next mobile client. It will solve all issues. Please be patient it won’t be long.

2 Likes

Rdp wrapper breaks Microsoft license agreements and should not be a solution.