Modifier Logic - Choose/Force one modifier OR Two others

Hi all,

Just joining the SambaPOS community and working on our first install. We are a MSP/IT company and after having quite a few restaurants as clients for other areas, we decided to look into POS systems, and SambaPOS seems to be nailing it, with how flexible it is. However, looks like that same flexibility and power also comes with a huge learning curve, and as I beginner, we are at the baby steps section of our journey.

I am trying to implement a logic where a meal can be ordered with for example Soup OR Two Vegetables. I’ve played around with the logic and couldn’t really come up with a way to limit the order/waiter to one or the other option/modifier with Group Tags. I’ve tried Grouping them, which works somewhat, but still doesn’t force the flow to Option 1 or Option2. I’ve searched the forum and googled it, but either missed the answer or couldn’t get quite the right answer.

Please see below for my current attempt at this

VirtualBoxVM_HfoIQo8E54

Another thing I came across with this setup was, the original Order Tag Group I created allowed me to set min and max selections to different numbers in the general area. The clone however does not allow it and requires the min and max numbers to be the same.

Original, with 1 Min and 2 Max

Clone, giving an error with the same settings.
OrderTagMaxItemMustBeEqual to '1'

You can see the Order Tags List and the individual Max Quantity for each group below.
1Pasta2Veggie

I like the way the original list allows me to set different Min and Max numbers, and also allows me to set different ones from within for each group. However, one thing that would be great is, if it stays open and lets you choose the max number of items allowed before it closes. I have to click Veggies twice to be able select two veggies, and this is not very intitive for users as they mano t realize they need to go back to pick an additional option.

thanks for any input or help with this first of many questions and posts thats likely to come :).

1 Like