Moving Orders to New Ticket

I have a Product Tag called FAB
So each product has one of these Tags Food, Beverage, Liquor, Tobacco

Mostly customer will order all items. But while billing they ask to separate into above tag bills.
If its a small ticket , its very easy. But if its a large ticket with about 100 orders ( Party Table ) etc. It becomes very difficult to select and move each items.

So is there a way we can Create a move button, which when clicked will ask to move which tag items Food, Beverages etc.

If you select Food, then all the items with food tag can be moved to new ticket.

Is it possible ?

Look at the options available on the select order action, you can select by a few things so you would use that in the flow it would be button --> select order by… -> move orders

1 Like

Okay,

So have created this so far, All Items show Additional Status like KITCHEN & BAR based on item tag.

I created new State as FAB

and updated order display state like below image

MOVE ORDER

So as Per IMAGE YOU CAN SEE ORDER LINE it SHOWS BAR / KITCHEN based o the PRODUCT ITEM TAG.

NEXT STEP

Now as suggested i am trying to create a Automation Command Button to select all Orders with BAR / KITCHEN Order State.

As you can see on the above image as SELECT FOOD & SELECT BAR Buttons on the TICKET.

THIS IS WHAT I DID>

CREATE ACTION

CREATED RULE

CREATED AUTO COMMAND

ADDED MAPPING TO AUTO COMAND

But when i click n SELECT FOOD/ SELECT BAR in Ticket . NOTHING HAPPENS.

It is supposed to select all the items in the ticket based on button ( SELECT BAR should select all items with the STATE BAR )

PLEASE HELP.

The Select Orders Action should have a State of either Bar or Kitchen. Your Orders do not have a State equal to FAB, otherwise you would see it on the Ticket.

And keep in mind, it is case-sensitive, so regardless of them being ALLCAPS on the screen, verify your States are actually BAR / KITCHEN and not Bar / Kitchen. How do you set those States in the first place?

I don’t see how the State “FAB” that you created in the State Group/Name called “FAB” comes into play here whatsoever.

I created BAR & KITCHEN under FAB STATE.
Thanks

Now it works.

Question 1:
Also, I have added a Ticket Tag called Ticket Type, which is the name for the ticket.
So, that if i have multiple Tickets for same table. I can have names for each , like Food or Name of the Person.
So, for new orders on that table, we can easily find out which ticket to open, to place that order.

But, how can i make a prompt to ask Ticket Type when doing the Moving Orders to new ticket Function.

Question 2:
Suppose if i have multiple tickets on a table. How can i add a button to print all tickets , instead of opening each ticket one by one.

You would want an update ticket tag action in you flow using a [?Prompt] expression to input the name/whatever

You can specify ticket ID in the print action, there was sugestion you can feed in a list of comma seperated ticket ids (which you would generate using a report expression to return ticked ids for open tickets for that entity, or you use the same report expression into a loop values action which fires an automation command into a command executed rule with command value for each of the listed values (and you would then use [:CommandValue] in the id in that senario.

I mapped the PRINT BILL Command with new line at TICKET LIST.
It now shows under ticket list of table, when i click print bill it prints all ticket bills.
Thats fine.

But it doesnt change the table color to red or locks the tickets.

it just prints bill, and keeps the tickets unlocked and yellow color

Well show what you have done, Im not telepathic :wink:

Going to guess you made a new rule with just print bill… The state change and ticket lock are other actions if you check the default print bill rull you will see how that happens.

1 Like

Hehe, i wish. It would have solved lot of our problems.

I didnt make any new rule for print bill. I used the existing Print Bill Command, just added another line Under Mapping Setting of Print Bill Automation Command i.e with Ticket & Payment option, i added TiCKET LIST

And you print bill button locks and updates state?
Please shot screenshots…
Don’t disbelieve you but if I got a £ for every person that said they did something but did something completely different I could retire by now.

1 Like