Nee tutorial to setting up mannual KOT number on every new order

hi,
sir i want to know how to set up a manual Kitchen Order Ticket number before adding new item in ticket. for example first of all our order tacker person take order on a page of a notebook and all pages of this notebook different page number.
secondly when order taker person take order from customer he came to Samba Operator and tell all detail order to samba operator.
Samba Operator open a table and write all given order but here we need to enter that manual number of the page of that notebook.
after customer give us more order and then order taker note new order on new page of his notebook then he came again to samba operator and give the new order then before adding new order in opened table of this customer we need again to put new mannual number of the page of the notebook.

and also need it on print of Kitchen Order Ticket.

i think you will understand that what i want.

So does second number overwrite the fist one? If so its easy, ticket tag with a [?prompt] to enter the number maybe on a ticket state updated event (most likely ā€˜new ordersā€™)
If needs all listed it becomes a little more complex.

No ticket have to save both number, i mean to say it require a manual numeric number on update every order

That makes things a bit more interesting.
Basic way might be to use the above in a similar manor but just tack on the new number as a comma separated list by updating the tag like using the existing value and a [?prompt] like this;
{TICKET TAG:KOTNumber},[?KOT Number]
Which should tack on the new number to the end of the tag.

It depends on how you intend to use these numbersā€¦
If its just for reference a CSV type list would probably suffice.

If you want to use for some other automation would probably need to look at using some other menthod.
If you need the values as separate references you might struggle on a ticket level given the potential of many KOT numbers.

The alternative I originally thought of might be to set the KOT on the order level, and make a local setting value when opening the ticket which is attached to orders with an order tag or state during that ticket ā€˜sessionā€™. This would be comparable to the ā€˜per seatā€™ order tagging discussed a few weeks back (maybe look at that topic for better picture or possibilities).
These would then link orders to KOT tather than ticket linked to multiple KOT which probably makes more sense but more work if its just for reference use.
If going this route it could still be ā€˜listedā€™ on a printer template using a report expression with an expression to reduce to unique list and comma separate.

Yes i need it only for a reference. i give you a one more example when i click on CLOSE button after updating my ticket or order it require a reference number an then i put my number by keyboard.

So put in a before ticket closing event rule.
Add a constraint of ticket state = new orders and make sure the rule is above the default ticket closing rule so it is triggered before that changes orders and ticket state to unpaid.

can you provide me a tutorial. Please

Make update ticket tag action, tag name something like KOTNumber and for tag put [:Tag Value] so it can be set in the rule.

Make a new rule with event before ticket closing, constraint of {Ticket State:Status} Equals New Orders
Add the Update ticket tag action you just made.
In the tag value field put {TICKET TAG:KOTNumber},[?KOT Number;;;OC;55,56,57|52,53,54|49,50,51|8,48,190]
(The numbers are from an update price keypad layout but should do the job if KOT numbers are just numbers and no letters, if letters just put [?KOT Number] for a full keyboard.

Sort your rules and make sure that new before closing rule is above the default before close rule (just put at top if you want).

The above is based on you using default kitchen order print rule and not manual sending or something else.
Also bear in mind this obviously doesnt ask for KOT untill ticket close so a ā€˜print billā€™ button print wont have number as not input yet.

1 Like

Sir as you told i do it all step by step but i cant get any result i am sharing with you all screenshots please check is there any mistake. thanks

Pic 1

Pic 2

Pic 3

Pic 4

{Ticket State:Status} is not valid syntax. Try:

{TICKET STATE:Status}
1 Like

Its working and one more question is it possible that user cant write a number again i mean to say cant write a duplicate numberā€¦ and thanks for this help

Not easily with this simpler way, probably would have been easier if gone the more complex way.
[?promots] are not directly validated so would need to build in a two part flow with execute automation command action and a script to split the current tag on commas and validate against new tag.
Itā€™s doable but not simplest setup.

I can try if you provide me tutorial.

Here is how to generate sequential number
https://forum2.sambapos.org/index.php?topic=97.msg671#msg671

I use a resetting order number that resets to 1 on WP end every day. Its really basicā€¦ I will give sshots. one moment.

That creates an order number then assigns it to the ticket via a custom State. When WP is closed it deletes the setting resetting it. Because it assigns it as a state using multiple terminals wont mess up the order number setting.

2 Likes

how can i set this function ā€œRequiredā€ before closing ticket.

the method you told me its working fine it require Manual Number as shown in screenshot

but when if i click cancel Order is printer without Manual KOT tagged.

Manual KOT is very important to Tag with Samba KOT for usā€¦

so please tell me how can i set it required function. Thanks

I am confused because the method I showed adds it on Ticket Createdā€¦ ā€¦ if you cancel order why are you still printing it?

no sir not for cancel Orderā€¦ when i create ticket this screen show to enter the Manual KOT number if enter the NUMBER and hit the save button this is saved as Tagged and Ticket is created. but if Cancel this ā€œManual KOT Numberā€ option it is not be saved as Tagged and Ticket is created Here i want that i cant cancel this ā€œManual KOT Numberā€ option for creating ticket.

Basically sir i want putting a manual number with every KOT and at the End of Work Period i can take report according to my Manual Numbers.

Ok so I see where I was confused you mentioned the method I showed you and that method was not a manual method it used Ticket Created event. So you need to show us how you triggered your manual method.

I follow this Method for this option.