Need help customizing

Woud like to talk to someone about my needs, regarding, custom reports, inventory/ordering, opening and closing registers and shifts (or work periods).

I dont know how price for the help is set, if is by work done or by time/hour, let me know. Thanks!

You would get better response explaining what kind of custom reports etc your looking for.
I am very busy at the moment and can’t take on any new jobs, @markjw may be able to discuss paid support.

1 Like

Background: Business (Coffee/Bakery) main customers are Take Away , we only have a few tables, regarding delivery: (already got that covered following an awesome tutorial on the forum).
We have two shifts: AM and PM (the store closes for siesta :slight_smile:).

The store is opened and closed by different employees, I do work some shifts too but I am concerned when I am not the one opening or closing the register, therefore

The registers are shared by all workers, there is no fixed cashier.

I would like:

• Each user must enter his/her pin and be taken straight to “Take Away sales screen”

• Opening cash amount be entered at shift start. Ending of shift by suming up like this: (Begining balance + Sales - Expenses during the shift - Change being left for next shift - Amount being collected and droped in the safe; the last one could be stored as “transfered” to a Main account to better keep track of cash).

• The workers must not know if the register balanced perfectly.

• Shortages: If the worker counted monies, and after entering amounts the system detects shortages, give one warning that the register needs to be recounted. If after recounting, the amount still is short, do not give a second warning and let the register be closed. Of course a warning must be included in the end of shift report sent only to me by email.

• End of shift report by email: Include number of clients, begining amount, sales, list of expenses, amount collected and dropped in safe, amount left for next shift, wether it balanced perfect or if there was a shortgage and the amount. name of worker who open and closed the register.

• 2nd Shift
    When the next worker comes in the PM, opens the next shift, he will count the register again (so I can ensure the change amount left by the previous worker is a match). If is not, I would need an Alert (like an email to be sent to me). It would be a nice thing to have a screen were I can graphically view shifts that switched good (withouth any problems) or any inconsistencies regarding cash registers. Data must display days, hour, times and worker involved and with what type of inconsistencie happened if any.

• Shortage of coins: Were I live there is not enough coins to correctly give change to clients, therefore many times we have to give them more change resulting in drawer being short. I would like to set a default amount of about $30 allowed shortgage. (if under 30, no need for an alert to be sent).